What's new

What's your favorite Cancelled TV shows that you miss? (1 Viewer)

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Tony - I remember those cliffhangers as well, and when they ended that show with someone getting shot and not knowing who...I just couldn't believe it. Who knows, maybe someday they'll do a DVD set and have two branching scenes, one where Kimble is killed, one where the one-armed man is killed. So however you want to end it, you'd be happy. Hmm, not a bad idea...

Mike - I remember Dinosaurs...haven't seen that one in ages.

Also put me down for Cupid as well.

BenjaminX

Grip
Dinosaurs- Good show. Could've done without the finale, but brilliant nonetheless.

I'll Fly Away- One of the best shows of the '90s. Regina Taylor was excellent as Lily. Every minute of it was pure gold.

Picket Fences- Quirky and strange and brilliant all at once. Every season was great except for Season 4. Now that was crap.

Doogie Howser M.D.- It was wonderful. I could relate to Vinnie the most. It wasn't the same when Wanda left, though.

Northern Exposure- Every season felt like you were entering a realm far away from the regular world, and I loved the show for that. My fave character was Ruth-Anne. She could be a nice old lady, but she could also rip you apart.

Blossom- Whoa! 'Nuff said.

Homefront- Was endearing without being sappy and brilliant without being like Shakespeare, it was everything you wanted in a show.

Herman's Head- Best sitcom of the '90s. It was a brilliant exhibit of how you could and should do good comedy.

Wings- Oh, this show brings me memories. My favorite character was Lowell. He could be at once both the lunkhead and the philosopher.

thirtysomething- The final season might have been too depressing, but it represented everything that thirtysomethings deal with.

Popular- The greatest comedic look at the American teenage class struggle since Heathers.

Murphy Brown- Just started watching it again on Nick at Nite (it looks so good digitally remastered). My favorite was Corky. She was the funniest by far.

Head of the Class- Johnny Fever teaches a bunch of geniuses. That's guaranteed success.

L.A Law- When Rosalind Shays died, that was when the show went from great to brilliant.

MacGyver- Sorry, I'm a sucker for kitsch, especially well-written kitsch.

Rhoda- Brilliant work from MTM Prods. Best thing they did until..

Newhart- The show was great in itself, but the finale has a permanent place in my video collection.

Seinfeld- Funniest thing you could think of. Best episode was "The Cheever Letters".

Animaniacs- Warner Bros. at once pays tribute to itself and also rips themselves apart through a Yakko, Wakko, and Dot.

The Flash- May it live forever!

Fame- And this one too!

That is all. Quite the encyclopedia, isn't it?

Karissa

Auditioning
Here are the shows that I miss. Some of them had a good run and others were never given a chance. My top choices are below with comments.

Angel (I'm really hoping that someday we get to see the Buffy/Angel universe on the small screen again!)

Firefly (I'm sooo excited about the movie! Is it September yet?)

Freeks and Geeks (This was the most accurate show about high school that I've ever seen. It was awesome!)

Tru Calling (I might be in a minority on this one. If anyone gave the recent season 2 episodes a chance, you'll cry foul right along with me. Season 2 was on track to be awesome!)

I miss Popular and The Pretender. Not really happy with how either one of these shows ended. I also miss The Days. It aired last summer on ABC. I wish it had done better.

James T

Screenwriter
Angel. It was the best show on tv and the first dvd I got a television boxset for.

Tru Calling. Season one was great. Season two had improved writing, but I guess the ratings didn't agree.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I miss three F's the most:

Futurama
Firefly
Farscape

There are a lot of others that I liked and would like to see come back:

Earth2
VR-5 (out of the blue, I know)
Enterprise

And I'll even throw my vote in for "That 80's Show" - It really had potential I think.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Single season shows mostly from me.

The Flash - Although he was Barry Allen in occupation and name only, the character had more elements of Wally West from around that time. It should've lasted for about 5 seasons.

Total Recall 2070 - I've only seen the pilot episode and can't wait to watch the rest of this single season show. It does have more of the feel of BLADE RUNNER, of course.

Now & Again - I loved this show. Then all of a sudden it vanished. Why do networks cancel great shows in lieu of crap like "reality" programming?

Jim Henson's The Storyteller
M.A.N.T.I.S.

Max Headroom
The Invisible Man (Sci-Fi)
Due South
Timecop
Star Trek: Enterprise
seaQuest DSV
Boston Common
Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
The Critic

troy evans

Screenwriter
Human Target, Fortune Hunter, Earth: Final Conflict, Mutant X, Andromeda, Tek War, Poltergeist: the Legacy, Spy Game, Forever Knight, and lastly Profiler.

LCD22

Screenwriter

"Homefront" is not out on DVD yet. Warner Bros. said at the last HTF chat that they were looking at this series, but the music costs are very high and they were unsure of whether there was enough of an audience to justify a DVD release.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Star Trek - would love to see the second half of the original 5 year mission
Firefly
Jake 2.0
McGavin's Nightstalker
Meet John Doe

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I miss Deadwood bigtime. Whatever happened to the two HBO movies. Especially since John from Cincinnati didn't last long.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks