1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your experience with CD Wow! ?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dan Hitchman, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Well-Known Member

Just went to their site and they seem to have some great prices, and it's in English, so that's a big help. [​IMG]

However, I'd like to get some feedback as to their service.

Are they prompt, do they only charge you when things ship, how are they on returns, legit copies and not bootlegs, etc.?

Thanx!

Dan

2. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Well-Known Member

I ordered twice. The DVD I received were 100% legit.
    They shipped within 48 hours, so I can't comment on whether they charge on order or after shipping.
    The DVD arrived (in Belgium) within 10 days...

3. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Well-Known Member

-They charge when you order.
    -Their customer service is excellent (e-mail reply usually within 24 hours).
    -They're usually pretty quick with shipping things.
    -No boots.

4. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Well-Known Member

Used them for years, great, cheap and quick every time!

M

5. Manus

Manus Well-Known Member

Also been using hem for few years, never had a problem they didn't fix promptly. You're billed at the time of ordering.

M

6. Dan Hitchman

Looks good, guys! Thanks! I'm thinking of ordering Hero from them. Probably the Edko version since it seems to have better video than the Miramax fiasco (which isn't hard!) and I can compare their DTS-ES 6.1 track to the great DTS 5.1 track on the Miramax release.

Dan

7. Runar_R

Runar_R Well-Known Member

In one word: Excellent

8. Anthony Neilson

Anthony
    You shouldn't hesitate to use them, Dan. Their prices are great, they're customs-friendly, the discs are well-packaged and their customer service is the best I've ever come across. For example, if they send you a wrong or faulty disc, they send you the replacement with a stamped addressed envelope so you can return the first copy. The only downside is that they don't have the hugest selection of discs - which is a shame, because I'd make all my purchases from them if I could.

Go for it.[​IMG]

9. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Great site great prices, fast delivery, no I don't work there. Got the 2-disc Donnie Darko for a fiver from CD-Wow recently, post included. Only downside is they don't have a huge selection of dvd titles.

10. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Well-Known Member

I've bought quite a few DVDs from them now. Fast shipping and great prices, with free shipping. Use this link to get $2 off each item.

11. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Another happy customer here. Just recently I ordered a DVD that was lost in the mail and a replacement was immediately "despatched." Response to emails is very fast and they give you postage credit for returns. I've had a couple SNAFUS not related to the company and each time they pulled through with excellent response and service.

12. Dan Hitchman

Their site from Hong Kong has more region 3 stuff. CD-Wow!

Does this site have any promos?

Dan

13. Mike-McG

Mike-McG Member

Just another opinion -

I've ordered from CD-Wow probably 15 times, and I am 100% happy with them. I had one problem, and my email was answered by someone within 3-4 hours, with an answer that specifically was written for my problem. Fantastic customer service, and the shipping is not only free...it's fast - considering it's from overseas. [​IMG]

14. Daniel Windsor

Daniel Windsor Well-Known Member

Excellent store.

For customer service they have to be in my top 5 I've used in almost 10 years of surfing.

15. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Well-Known Member

I have bought most of my Criterions from CD WOW. Excellent prices; fast shipping; I've never had a customs charge; they email you if a title has been delayed, etc.

They issue coupon codes quite frequently for £0.50-£2.00 and there used to be good discount links to the site for £1.50-£2.00 but many greedy assholes out there were over-using them zealously and were multi-linking/using codes and getting £5.00 off. Ridiculous. So that has stopped completely now, although I have heard that some links are out there, but those who have them are not sharing them - and quite right too!

One caveat: they don't stock enough R1 titles - no Image Entertainment, Media Blasters, Synapse, etc and there are quite a few catalogue titles from the Big Studios missing. Other than that, they are excellent.

16. andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy Well-Known Member

Just to endorse what's been said above - excellent. I had one problem with an order - I'd accidentally ordered two copies of the same title. Entirely my fault, but CDWow took one copy back without any problem and sent a nice personal email as well.

Their stock can be a bit limited in some areas (I endorse what Gordon says about R1 titles) but in others they are superb (for Brits, generally CDWow offer the cheapest Criterions).

I'd also add that it's well worthwhile looking round their bargain basement and special offers pages once in a while - there can be some real bargains, particularly amongst R3 movies. Also, some of their recommended titles can be unexpected gems.

17. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Well-Known Member

18. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Well-Known Member

The current coupons, vouchers and other deals for all the CD-Wow sites, including which has the best price, can be found on dvdbargain.net. I've only needed to use the HK site once, as I've found everything else I've wanted on the .us site. I always get everything in a week from Hong Kong. R3 version of Kung Fu Hustle on the way right now. [​IMG]

19. Sten F

Sten F Well-Known Member

One of THE worlds best online stores around. I cannot stress how great this place is.

- Super service.
    - Quick to reply quiries.
    - Fast to ship out orders.
    - Has low prices.
    - Offer both Region 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 0
    - Offer nice Limited Editions from Region 3
    - Has the best e-voucher & rebate links I´ve ever seen.
    - Exchange any faulty product in a flash, and mail you an e-voucher to cover the postage.
    - In case they lower product price after one has placed a pre-order they´ll also mail one an e-voucher.

20. DieterW

DieterW Well-Known Member

I have good experiences ordering from CD-WOW (circa 15 orders). I use the German CD-WOW site since it is one of the cheapest and also allows bank transfer payments. It takes a few days until the payment is accepted though. I have had a few problems with bank transfer payments to CD-WOW lately. Although the payment is made correctly, the order is never accepted by CD-WOW (they accept the order after the payment has been made). But a friendly e-mail to customer service has always solved this problem so far. I ordered from the US site once using CC payment, and the order was shipped the day after.

Very important for EU customers: they send their products from within the EU (i.e. no supplementary taxes/charges). I ordered The Yakuza Papers box set from the US site and it was put in the mail in Luxemburg. Other DVDs have been sent from Sweden. Packaging is OK too.