What's new

What's wrong with Burger King? (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Backyard Burgers here in the metro seems to be not just a KC thing, but also not super widely spread. Not bad.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
The chocolate shake thread made me think of this thread for some reason :confused: Gee I wonder why.

Quoting myself:

It may not be the real thing, but I must go investigate none the less. :D

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'll see you there at lunch tomorrow Phiip_G. A friend and I are making the pilgramage then. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
They didn't mention the true test - try to order off the "secret" menu. If you can walk up, order a double protein style, and get your burger wrapped in lettace - yup, then it's an In-N-Out.

And now I'm getting hungry - luckily only two more weeks and I'll be in In-N-Out country!! :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
already went my friend, eating my "batter style" fries as I type this.
6 bucks for a double meal with batter style fries, and yum :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I heard about Burgers-n-Sports about a year ago, I need to pack up the family and cruise down there. Double-Double animal style and a shake, mmmm!

BTW - What are all the "special" varieties? I only knew of a few, what is batter style and such? I know only:

* Animal style - mustard on bun, more O/T/L.
* Half and half - Half ice tea, half lemonade.
* Protein style - Hold that bun Dr. Atkins.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

[Napoleon Dynamite] Lucky [/Napoleon Dynamite]

Joe, the only other one I can remember is something like the 'flying dutchman'. 2 patties, 2 slices of cheese, nothing else. There is link to the secret menu on page 3 or 4 of this thread.

BTW, have you Denver guys had a cheeseburger from 'Buds Bar' in Sedalia? Best cheeseburger ever. At least they were years ago. I feel a 2-stop trip coming on tomorrow. :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
son of a bitch. All the good food is right by me and I don't even know about it. I drive through sedalia all the time going up 85 from castle rock and have never been there.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I've never been to a "real" in 'n out, but I told a coworker today about it and she told her husband, who freaked because he loves in n out, so we'll see tomottow how it stacks up.

BTW#2
I had a BK angus burger the other night, it was good!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, BK really has something with the Angus, which is why I started the thread; far better (IMHO) then what others are cooking up at this moment.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately it seems like most of the BKs in Seattle went out of business just as the menu started to improve. I always loved their chiken sandwhich (especially when it was on sale for $1) and I prefer Whoppers over McDs, which has just gotten crappier and crappier.

All the Dairy Queens in Seattle likewise dissapeared.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
It doesn't get any better than a "Bud's" Burger in Sedalia. Now that you guys have brought it up, I just might have to go visit a friend of mine who lives down off Happy Canyon Road within about 5 minutes of Bud's Bar. Good Times does indeed make a very good burger. IIRC, they use Coleman Natural Beef, which I think makes them the only fast food chain to tout the use of natural beef in their burgers. I haven't yet tried the BK Angus Burger since my family is not at all a fan of Burger King. From those of you have had it, do they advertise it as Certified Black Angus beef, or just ol' Angus? Not that it makes any real difference, I'm just curious as I used to work in marketing for a beef company.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Well, the Burgers n Sports experience was very tasty. If its not an In n Out clone, its the next best thing. But still not as good as a Bud's burger. Philip_G, you owe yourself a trip there. Its on the main strip near the railroad tracks. Sedalia is so small, you wont have any problems finding it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
my co-workers husband, who is apparently an innout freak said that burgers n sports was identical, other than the fries are a little skinny. I definitely enjoyed it.

dunno when I'll get to bud's bar, the GF doesn't eat burgers so probably never. I-25 was jacked tonight so I took happy canyon road to 85 to get home to CR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks