What's new

What's with Owen Wilson's nose? (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know why Owen Wilson's nose is crooked like it is? It's not hereditary, since his brother Luke's nose is normal. :) My guess is that he broke his nose when he was younger.

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
He should get it fixed. It's enormously distracting for the types of roles he's playing.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know why Owen Wilson's nose is crooked like it is?
Like Owen, I lived in Texas for a long time (I moved as soon as I was old enough to escape). I have broken bones (some mine, some not) in fights. In my experience anyone who lives in Texas, has a healthy amount of distain for rednecks and is reasonably outspoken is probably going to get his nose broken a few times. It's a badge of honor. Go Owen.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
i usually find it really distracting (just watched Zoolander - surprised to see he played a model?!), but admit it makes him very unique and not your typical pretty boy...

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"i usually find it really distracting (just watched Zoolander - surprised to see he played a model?!)"
So you weren't surprised that Ben Stiller played one too? :)
I for one don't mind his nose. He's a great actor.
Jason

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
"What? No 'Good morning, Hansel?' No 'Thanks for the freakshow?'"

I think Owen Wilson is a very talented man, and I hope he never changes his looks. It's not distracting to me, since he looks like a real human being and not an egotistical self-sculptor.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, let's lay off Owen's nose, he seems like a nice guy and he can actually act, his nose was distracting at first but I got used to it.
I'm willing to forgive him for Behind Enemy Lines too. I mean let's face it, he was just begging to get shot! I mean with walking across open fields and perching himself on clifftops while being pursued by professional SNIPERS! :confused:

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Just to bring up another nose actress Jennifer Grey.

She always had a distinguished nose and she ended up getting a nose job. After that she could barely find work in Hollywood. She looked totally different and no one knew who she was when she went for casting calls.

Most of the time actors/actresses should not change what makes them stand out from others.

Paul

RobertW

Supporting Actor
and i always thought jennifer grey was kind of cute. not drop dead gorgeous in a supermodel kind of way, but an attractive all-american girl freshness about her.

and then she got the nose job, and a couple other things done, and she now has a kind of bland, generic look with no distinguishing qualities that separate her from millions of other women.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks