1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's up with the UK Superbit titles?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Roland Wandinger, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Roland Wandinger

Roland Wandinger Stunt Coordinator

The first bunch of SB titles to be released in the UK were due on April 1. They have been available for preorder on several UK DVD Sites but have disappeared the day they were supposed to ship?

There have not been any reports on a delay of these titles?

Anybody know something?

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

3. Roland Wandinger

Hendrik
    I was referring to the "first batch to be released in the UK". I already have the french T5F SB. Unfortunately Dracula (the title I'm looking for) was not among the SB titles released in France last January!
    Strangely http://www2.r2-dvd.org has several reviews of the UK SB DVDs but no mention of postponement? [​IMG]

4. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...ahh... look at this:
    In a move to increase consumer traffic on their dedicated website, consumers will for a limited time only, be able to purchase this first collection of SuperbitTM titles direct from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment's dedicated area on their home site, which can be accessed directly at: http://www.cthe.co.uk/superbit
    end of quote
    ...sigh...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

5. Roland Wandinger

Thanx Hendrik...that explains! Unfortunately Columbia does not ship outside of the UK. Guess I'll have to wait till these are available thru other UK online shops.
    They also don't mention for how long they will be available form their online store exclusively?
    [​IMG]

6. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    I obtained Gattaca - Superbit from Columbia's UK site. Picture and sound are certainly excellent but as I don't have the standard version I cannot compare any differences.

7. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

The UK versions are only being sold via the Columbia Tristar website and not via normal retailers visit www.cthe.co.uk
    They claim its so they can assess demand but probably just boosts their profits as you have to pay a full retail price £19.99 plus £3 postage (a complete rip off for UK consumers as usual) and they don't have to offer any discounts to retailers which are passed on to us consumers.

8. Roland Wandinger

Malcolm

Do you know for how much longer the UK SB titles will be sold thru CTHV UK only?

Dracula SB has not yet been released anywhere else in a PAL country!

9. Malcolm Cleugh

Malcolm Cleugh Second Unit

Roland,

Am not sure how long they are exclusive, none have the UK news websites have given any timescales.

Many depend how many they sell.

Malcolm

10. Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart Second Unit

I am looking for someone who lives in the UK and who can help me get one of those UK Superbit titles.
    Anyone here who can help me with this ???
    Email : laserfile@hotmail.com