What's new

what's up with DDD.com? (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
I went to wal-mart tonight to pick up Mary Poppins but it has that Version Francaise yellow circle crap on it so I went to DDD as soon as I got home to order it.
I found a link to it, clicked Buy Now, Expedited Shipping, go to secure checkout and then it says Your Shopping Cart is empty, you can not checkout. :confused:
I've ordered from them a few times in the past and I do believe I'm doing it right. Am I it messing up somehow?

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
It does exactly the same with me. No one from there customare care team will get back to me. I have a dvd lost in the post!

Rob T

Screenwriter
oh well.
maybe I'll order it after christmas then.
it's too much at amazon.com and they probably have the cheapest price on the net.

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
I have a bad feeling that they have gone bust too!

I did find there prices cheap. However the following problems occured.

I orderd 4 titles for the 1st time at the end of August.

Cocoon
Cocoon The Return
Explorers
Deep Impact CE

All arrived safley except for Cocoon.

1- I emailed them several weeks ago about the missing DVD. Still have not heard anything.

2- I contacted them again by email 2 days ago, and again today. Still nothing.

3- I called there Toll Free Number twice today, and was cut off on both occasions before I got speak to an operator.

4- I tried to order 5 more titles, and when I went to go to checkout, the next screen read, shopping cart empty, cannot process order. I tried several times, and no luck.
BTW- 4 of the titles where out of stock.

So, I am looking elsewhere.

The titles I am after are,

Jaws DTS
Jurassic Park DTS
Jurassic Park 2 DTS
Saving Private Ryan DTS

Thanx

Doug_B

Screenwriter
If DDD = deepdiscountdvd, it doesn't appear that I am having a problem (using Mozilla browser). I've gotten all the way to the last screen with the Place Order button (not ready to order just yet). If it helps, I placed the items into the shopping cart and then clicked secure checkout prior to logging in.

The first time I ordered from them quite a while back, I used free shipping and never received my order. They did resend using UPS without charging me extra. Since then, I've always used expedited shipping (and usually tip the scales with multi-disc collections ;) ).

Edit: Rob, I tried it using the same sequence as you and it got me to the same Place Order screen. Maybe their server was busy earlier and screwed up?

Doug

Rob T

Screenwriter

well I'm still getting the same message in the shopping cart page. :frowning:

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
The only thing I noticed was last month when they had the 20% off deal.

When you order they send you an email stating they received your order and that when they ship you'll get another email...which always happens.

Not this time. I received an email stating they got my order and 10 days later my order arrived. No shipping email, but who cares. At least I got my order during a time that zillions were ordering. :D

John Lloyd

Second Unit
I sent them an email when I had this problem last week. They replied (after about 5 days) and said it was likely a problem with cookies and my browser.

I have not tried to place another order, but this is the first time I have had a problem at their site.

John

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I order mass loads of discs from them every month. No problems reported. Just recieved two from their 20% off sale, as well as LOTR:EE. Still have a couple in the mail, but I expect them shortly. Keep in mind it is christmas, no doubt their orders have gone up quite a bit. I ordered stuff from them for christmas presents.

I just received my return label for Smallville S3 that I got from them that was damaged. Which was the only bad disc out of the 100 or so that I've gotten from them that I've had a problem with (and from what I hear, that set has problems no matter where you get it from), they were pretty quick to send me the return label so no complaints here.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I'm having problems with them too.
For several months now, I have not received any email notifications from them and twice I've had mistakes in my orders.
I ordered the new 2 disc Star Trek Generations and they sent the old 1 disc version. Twice they tried to email me a return lable which never came through. Then they SAID they'd mail one out. After waiting a week for it to arrive I called and they said they would mail out another - which I received.

A week ago I received Bourne Supremacy. The receipt shows I ordered the widescreen version - they sent the full screen version. I called them 12/18 and am still waiting for the return lable as of 12/25.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
This is unrelated to the original post but the title is appropriate. Has anyone not been able to get to their site in the last 2-3 days? Maybe they are gearing up for a beginning-of-year sale!

Update: It's working now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks