What's new

What's this show? (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
My boss asked me about a show circa 70s-80s similar in tone to Soap or Married With Children but eith role reversals, i.e., the men stayed home while the women held jobs and had lovers. The men would complain about being home all day, etc. It didn't last long but sounds vaguely familiar. Same boss came to me with a query about The Lost bein similar to another show, but the answer there was not Giligan (a popular conclusion in this Forum) but rather The New People. For that one he gave me more info and I remembered one of the stars and so was able to run it down through IMdB. This one, though has me stumped. Any ideas?

Pat H

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
The only one I can think of that sounds even remotely familiar is "Unhappily Ever After", which was more or less the complete "opposite" of "Married...With Children". It aired on The WB from 95' to '98 if I'm not mistaken.

The roles were pretty much reversed. The son was the "dimwit" or the "Kelly Bundy" of the family, while the daughter was intellectual. Also, the husband was the one yearning for sex....as opposed to the wife.

What made this show unique was the inclusion of a talking stuffed bunny (voice provided by Bobcat Goldthwait.

I'm not sure if this is the one you're thinking of, but it's the only one that came across my mind when reading this post.

Ron_Wi

Auditioning
Is the show "All That Glitters", a 1977 late night comedy soap similar to Mary Hartman. Linda Gray was in this one, pre-Dallas. It had to do with women in business, men were at home or secretaries...etc.

I lived The New People when I was a kid. This would be a great DVD release with the success of Lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks