What's new

What's the weirdest food combo you (or someone you know) eat? (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I wont tell you what my sister put on her pancakes once when we were kids. It wasnt a food, but she did eat them!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Ketchup in Mac & Cheese is fairly common in Canada, IIRC from random stuff I've read on the internet. I add tabasco sauce for a bit of kick. mmm.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I mentioned this in the hamburger thread, but it (perhaps) bears repeating: the Aussies put beets and a fried egg on their burgers.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There is a place in CT that serves tons of varities of burgers. From the typical Pizza burger with pizza sauce and mozz. cheese, to the breakfast burger (with a fried egg and bacon), to my favorite! The Ruben Burger, which is sauerkraut, 1000 Island, and swiss. Mmmm!!!

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
I saw a family one time eat grits(this is southern grits not those big potato chunks yall call grits up north) with peanut butter mixed in them

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I love Chef Boyardee Ravioli's with two slices of bread with peanut butter slathered on. Yummy! Oh and mustard on crackers and mustard on potato chips is also delectable.

My dad also does peanut butter and onions.

My wife does toast with milk. Take a bowl, put a piece of toast in it and drown it in milk. Yuk!

The most fattening thing we ever tried was the Elvis Presley "grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich". But we added two strips of bacon. I will never do that again. It was tastey but you could feel the grease and fat coating your arteries.

Joe S

Second Unit
I like chocolate ice cream and cranberry juice. Something about the contrasts in taste.

Kevin Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin Eckhardt

Love 'em. I'll buy a bunch of grapes and toss them in the freezer when I get home.

In fact, I like a lot of frozen fruits. They have a different flavor when they're frozen. I buy the bags of frozen mixed fruit and fill up a bowl straight from the freezer. Sometimes I let it thaw for a few minutes so it softens a bit.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The post about Mike Frezon Jr.'s grilled cheese with PB & chocolate reminds me of when I heard about someone eating peanut butter on cold pizza.

Also, Mike, wouldn't your son's concoction make for an amusing upgrade to those old Reeses commercials where one person says "you got peanut butter on my chocolate" and the other one says "you got chocolate in my peanut butter"? "Hey, BOTH of you got peanut butter and chocolate on my grilled cheese sandwich!"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Yeah...except for how awful I think the combo is!

Isn't it AMAZING about how we all remember that particular slogan/ad-campaign?! I often wonder why they don't revive it. It must be pretty good the way it has stuck with people all these years later!

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that was a terrific series of commercials. They were amusingly silly enough to be memorable--people eating straight out of a jar of peanut butter while walking down the street, or in a movie theater--but their catch phrase was crystal-clear about what it was they were selling. I sometimes see commercials nowadays that are amusing but so "out there" that you're left with little or no idea what they're actually trying to sell you.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I don't know how weird this is, but whenever I eat Hershey's chocolate bars or chocolate kisses, I have to wash it down with beer. I just think beer and Hershey's chocolate go well together. Not dark chocolate, though. That must be eaten alone.

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Tunafish and apple sandwiches. Mix tuna with mayo, and add chopped bits of apple.

Also...though less bizarre, I guess, I like peanut butter on waffles....

Thos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks