What's new

What's the Optimum Version of T2? (1 Viewer)

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott
"And why is LOUDER always better?"

Most of the time Magnus, it just is....the overall "volume punch" of the EX track is not that "hot" in terms of recording level, whereas it has been suggested that the DTS mix is "hotter".....I cant see why hotter wouldnt simply be better, as I find most DTS tracks are....:crazy:

"Don't you have a volume knob? Turn that sucker up"

Well, sure I have a volume knob on my receiver, yes, but I find I dont really like when I need to turn the level to an ear-bleeding territory on the volume feed scale just to get "immersed" in the track; this indicates a weakly-mastered soundtrack to me....I often find myself gravitating to "overcooked" tracks like the DTS mix on War of the Worlds and Saving Private Ryan....material like that.

See, I believe there may be more of just a VOLUME difference between the DTS and Dolby EX tracks on these two releases; I suspect the DTS track, now that of course I caved early and bought the Extreme Edition, on the Ultimate cut will sound punchier, more open and simply more aggressive as has been suggested by other members already. Some say the tracks are identical, some say the DTS blows the EX mix away....I wish I knew for sure which mix sounded "hotter".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks