What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Custer
The Loner
and the Filmation Tarzan arrived yesterday.

One thing I noticed yesterday while at Walmart, Black Sheep Squadron the final season had already sold out back just days after it arrived. I noticed the rack had been filled again, and only 3 copies remained. Nice to see a older 70s title doing so well

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Till Death Do Us Part - S4 (the only R1 release of this British series which was the inspiration for All in the Family)
Last of the Summer Wine - Vintage 1998 (aka S19)
Corner Gas - S2

Last edited:

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I've just received my order of Season 2, Season 3, and Season 4 of Picket Fences.

These are the Region 4 sets from Madman. S2 came out over a year ago while S3 & S4 came out earlier this year. Considering that Fox hasn't done anything with the series in Region 1 since the 2007 release of Season 1, I decided there wasn't much point waiting around for any further R1 releases. I'm just glad to finally have this series complete on disc as it's one of my favorite 90s shows.

With my luck, watch Shout Factory make a Season 2 or complete series announcement next week. :eek:

jknu0526

Agent
Real Name
jason
Just grabbed complete I Love Lucy box set from Wal-Mart for 44.99. That's some good, late night, drift off to sleep material.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I just checked Walmart site . The Loner is out !! How did this escape my notice ? i'll be ordering today .

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Walmart has LEXX the full series in a single box set for $12.96. Not sure how many discs it has but since it's Echo Bridge it's probably the same as the other releases. Been REALLY enjoying the original releases of those. Fun show.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It's a blind buy, but I relieved my local "Uncle Wally's" of a copy of The Loner.

Same for me. I have vague memories of this when it originally ran. I picked this up yesterday and have been pleasantly surprised by how "contemporary" this show feels. I am already on the second disc and am feeling that I will be very sorry to see the end of this series. Such a shame it didn't get to subsequent seasons. This seems like it could have been a truly classic series.

Glad that people on this board spoke so highly of this. One of the best blind buys I have made in quite a while.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
10 Items or Less - Complete Series (MC release for ~$8 *just* to get a pressed copy of S3 as the Sony S3 MOD goes for ~$23!)
Camelot - S1 (which is actually the entire series)
Logan's Run - The Complete Series
Modern Family - S5

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
I picked up season 1 of The Chronicles of Shannara. Don't know if it'll be any good, the reviews are mixed, but I remember reading those books as a teenager, and something about the idea just appealed to me.

My last purchase before that was the Shout! re-release of Mystery Science Theater Vol. II. And before that it was Game of Thrones season 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks