What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Regulus said:
While returning home from church yesterday I stumbled across the following (entire) series at a Yard Sale.

Law & Order

Law & Order Criminal Intent

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

$150.00 Took em away!

To complete this series franchise I picked up the following from the big river.

Law & Order: Los Angeles

Law & Order: Trial by Jury.

Based on your list, your collection isn't quite complete yet. You'd still need to get "Exiled: A Law & Order Movie" which was released separately from the main series. (Unless you already own a copy...)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Dave Lawrence said:
Based on your list, your collection isn't quite complete yet. You'd still need to get "Exiled: A Law & Order Movie" which was released separately from the main series. (Unless you already own a copy...)

I'll rustle it up next month. In the meantime I have PLENTY to chew on. :biggrin:

PS. On the way to work today I ran across ANOTHER Yard sale (Rare for one to operate on Monday, but some do), they had the entire Homicide: Life on the Streets (Which has some "Crossover" episodes with L&O), I snagged this set for 35 Bucks! :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I bought the Warner Archive disc of 'The Desert Song' with Gordon McRae because I can't see that ever making it to Blu ray.
I'm sorry I did because it's a terrible transfer; way too dark and murky. Such a shame.

I was thinking about the 1936 Show Boat, also in Archives, but I'll hang on and wait another year in the hope that Warners keeps their promise to release that on Blu ray alongside the later Howard Keel/Ava Gardner version.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The most recent TV series DVD that I purchased was the BATMAN: THE TELEVISION SERIES Season 1 DVD set from our local Wal-Mart one day after Valentine's Day. However, I returned it unopened for a refund after I spotted a too good to pass up deal for the BATMAN: THE COMPLETE TELEVISION SERIES Blu-Ray Italian Import set (Also, my first TV Series Blu-Ray set, and Overseas order!), which is likely in the Canada Customs queue, at the moment!

CHEERS! :)

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
The Partridge Family: the complete series

Ordered from Amazon last week when it was on sale. The packaging isn't very good, all the discs are stacked on top of each other in a tray, but as long as they play, and the price was good.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sports Night: Complete Series

I got this used. It looks like I got a pretty good deal, too. Just $19.99. And since FYE was having a BOGO for $1 on TV titles, I also got Big Bang Theory: S2 (Blu-ray) for just $0.90 (after 10% Backstage Pass discount).

51YMXPJVPGL.jpg

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Second individual release of WKRP in Cincinnati: I figured that, instead of shelling out $86 (actually $85.80, as Amazon is quoting) for the whole shebang, I'd just get this second one (that's all that the Wal-Mart in Simpsonville had) as a means of trying it out and seeing if I'll enjoy it. If it pans out, I might get that first one and hopefully get the whole series that way.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Avengers: The Complete Emma Peel Megaset. I had never seen this classic British spy series before, so I purchased this 16-disc release at the Wal-Mart today; it was a good price ($20), and I'm very much hoping to enjoy it.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Hercules the Legendary Journeys Season 1. It's the version that contains all of the original movies that were broadcast before season 1. Got it for $8 from Goodwill and it looks like it's never been played. It was in pristine condition.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Those movies are great. Anthony Quinn is Zeus! And that's a hard act to follow later on in the series.

I'm on the last season and about to restart. Can't wait!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The Fugitive 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-Ray (Harrison Ford movie) for $4.99 at Amazon. How could I not, for $4.99 and free two-day shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks