What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Today I added one disk containing five episodes of Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and Season three of Kyle XY for $1.50 :biggrin:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Gadzooks! Has something like this happened to you while "Yard/Garage Saleing for cheap TV Shows and Movies (Serials and Documentaries as well)? Going through the pile of Videos I acquired for $5.00 this past weekend I found out one of them, The Storm is in reality a Mini-Series! That puts my Collection up one TV Series, up two Episodes, and down one movie.

My Signature has been corrected. :biggrin:

For the record this is the second time this has happened to me, late last year I purchased a "Shovelware" DVD Movie Set at "Uncle Wallys" using Christmas money given to me by one of my relatives. As I went through the movies I found one of them, the first remake of The Poseidon Adventure was in fact another bona-fide Miniseries. :popcorn:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Boy did I pick up a Doozy! Since this site is dedicated to TV Shows on DVD I usually don't memtion any movies I find on VHS (Usually while "Garage Saleing"), this one's a MAJOR exception. Last weekend while I was "Garage Saleing" I asked a seller if he had (What Else?) any videos for sale. He pointed to a box which had five VHS Movies in it. He said I could have them all for a buck. Four quarters changed hands and the tapes were mine. The Movies were the following:

1. The Andromeda Strain

2. Baker's Hawk

3. Driven

4. Meteorites!

5. Rocketship X-M

I had other things to tend to, so I placed the tapes aside. I was going to watch Meteorites tonight, but that's when I noticed two things about this tape. First, It was unopened, still factory shrink-wrapped. Second, it had a sticker that read "For Promotional Use Only. Not For Sale, Rental, Duplication or Public Performance." So I logged onto "The Big River" and found new copies of this movie going for over $70.00 UP! :eek: None of the copies mentioned anything about being a "Promotional" Tape, so I changed my mind about watching it. This movie must NEVER be opened. So I put it away, it will keep my unopened copies of Speed Racer (Volume Four), The Best Buy Edition of Cars and the "Uncle Wally's" Edition of The Simpsons Movie company. (The first one has a die-cast miniature of the Mach 5 Race Car, the second one has die-cast miniatures of Lightning Mcqueen, Doc Hudson, Fillmore and Mater while the third has miniatures of Homer, Marge, Bart and Lisa. This is the biggest bargain I found while Garage Saleing since I ran across all four complete series of Star Trek, The Next Generation, Star Trek, Deep Space Nine, Star Trek, Voyager and Enterprise for $25.00 each a couple of years ago. :biggrin:

PS. I watched the fifth movie tonight instead (It was a used copy).

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
That's half the fun of "Garage Saleing". You NEVER know what you might come across when you stop at a sale. It's a great way to get movies and TV shows for PENNIES on the dollar (In this case I got an unopened VHS of Meteorites! for an incredible 1/350 of its actual value value, and in the case of the Star Trek series I got them for 1/11 to 1/15 their value)! :biggrin: This actually makes up for a downsize of my hobby, finding out someone has a boatload of videos for sale, but when you get there the videos are either copies of a movie you already have, or they just don't tickle your fancy. On the other hand, it's the thrill of the chase that makes me do it. I've discovered other shows that I got (for example Mouse on the Mayflower and Animaloympics) that I got for a dollar or less that I later go for $15.00 or more on Amazon and/or Ebay. (In this case I wish I could remember what house I was at when I got Meteorites! at, for I would return it to him and show him what it's selling for on the market). Oh well, his loss, my gain.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
yeah, I just looked Trek up on amazon. Just wow.

My folks live in a much larger city than me and the yard saling, flea marketing up there is fantastic. I went with her once and came home with nearly the whole show Weeds for like $18. I think the final season was missing but the rest were there and in like new condition.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Men Behaving Badly (British) - S1
Cheyenne - S1
Hawaii Five-0 - S1
The Honeymooners - The Classic 39 Episodes

Those last 3 are in a "TV Guide Presents: The Very Best of Television" packaging at some WM stores for $7.50 to $10 each (the 3 I purchased were $10 each). That consists of a simple slip-cover over the regular package. A couple have a paperboard insert under the shrinkwrap instead of a slip-cover. There are *lots* (20+) of classic TV shows with their S1 or S1/V1 release in this packaging. One store here had a large endcap display but the other had nothing.

Here's what I saw: The Munsters, Red Skelton, Dick Van Dyke, Maverick, The A-Team, Magnum PI, The Adventures of Grizzly Adams, Hogan's Heros, The Love Boat, The Brady Bunch, Rawhide, Petticoat Junction, Lavern & Shirley, Gunsmoke, Happy Days, Gomer Pyle USMC, and a few more I don't recall. I don't remember just what was in that Red Skelton release but I may be going back for a few more. If I do, I'll give it a closer look and try to make better notes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks