What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Radioman970 said:
Courtship of Eddie's Father S1-3 (finally picking up this Holy Grail of mine)
Shazam! Complete Series. (replacing a fan made copy with the real deal, also a Holy Grail)

Took a chance on DD. Their price was nearly $20 cheaper for all this than oldies.com and even more less compared to amazon. Everything said "IN STOCK" so we'll see.
I figured I'd have to update this "Dick Dastardly" order. :( they canceled me. I did order with paypal, and it took me to the pp site for payment after I placed the order, that seemed to go fine, then when it brought me back to DD I had to sign up again on DD. I think it got screwed up there. The email said all was canceled, of course on the web site it says my order is still processing. Ooooooookay! lol I reordered with my credit card. If that doesn't work I'll try calling. I guess all this is worth the $17 I'm saving by ordering with them... I guess.... It's the Eddie's Father Season 3 that is the great deal. About $18, compared to about $35 everywhere else.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Radioman970 said:
Shirley Temple Storybook 6 pack. rayuten.com has this for $9.99. Everybody else hiked the price way up. $45+ Figured I'd better grab it.
Uncle Wally's used to have a DVD box Set containing over 22 of Shirley's Movies in their $5.00 Bargain Bin. I wished I bought it. Since I got the word Ms Temple assumed room temperature the price for this pack has gone THROUGH THE STRATOSPHERE!

Uh, what was the price for that Sky King set again? :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Regulus said:
Uncle Wally's used to have a DVD box Set containing over 22 of Shirley's Movies in their $5.00 Bargain Bin. I wished I bought it. Since I got the word Ms Temple assumed room temperature the price for this pack has gone THROUGH THE STRATOSPHERE!

Uh, what was the price for that Sky King set again? :laugh: :rolling-smiley:
i know! And the last time this happened we all said we wouldn't let it happen again. lol

rayuten.com hasn't caught up yet. They have something called The Early Years with some early films of Shirley's. I'm hoping I can cancel my first order (ordered with paypal) and reorder with The Early Years.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
No Shirley Early Years. It would have cost the $3 anyway. I'll hold off on that. Sounds like something I'd like though....

Dick Dastardly (DD, deepdiscount) up to his nasty tricks again! Curses!!! Canceled my Eddie's Fathers and Shazam! all over again. Phone call there was memorable. The guy couldn't even give me details. giggle worthy. I think I know what happened (their fault completely, not mine), but I don't think it's fixable. Their solution is that I send them the money and they'll send my items. lol I imagine when it's common to order WEED over the internet it will be dealt with similarly. lol After 11 years (or so) sooooo long Dicks, hello Oldies.com!!! $17 more at oldies, but I think it'll be worth it. I really just want to worry about spending too much and not if the clowns can fit my order in the clown car or they are going to cancel me. lol I do hope DD will stay in business, but just fix their system because it's run by a crack team of Doofys! In comparison, I told the guy on the phone about amazon refunding my family for a order WE goofed and telling us to just keep it. You tend to go back to a company like that! If amazon had Eddie's Father Season 2 listed correctly (which they don't for some reason) I'd order all this from them instead. But I've been meaning to do a good order with oldies.com since they send me all these catalogs that make wonderful browsing while sittin on the potty.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I didn't just order The Complete Red Green Show, 50 DVDs 300 episodes, from redgreenshop.com. Nope. And it wasn't their February Customer Appreciation price of $149.95. Not sure where this post came from. I mean, I just ordered all that other stuff above. it would be nuts to order more. I'd need plenty of duct tape to fix my budget for this month. Jumbo rolls and stuff. Didn't happen... no no...

:blink:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Radioman970 said:
Shirley Temple Storybook 6 pack. rayuten.com has this for $9.99. Everybody else hiked the price way up. $45+ Figured I'd better grab it.
Canceled by a seller through rayuten.com. Snatched out my hands and I they didn't tell me why. grumble grumble. Probably for the best. All this stuff is trying to be sold for much more than someone without Alzheimers would pay for smiling. After this silly smoke clears I'm certain a new set of these will come out just for meeee! Legend is listing this set on their website for $40, although I don't know if they are still in stock. But most sellers on the net are...well... why would anyone pay $150+ for 11 episodes of a show? Break it down!! Windows Calculator do your stuff! ...$13.60 an episode. Since I already have 2, for me that would be $16.60 an episode. Lets see... what is this new DVD thing I heard about? Is that Discs? They don't put out shows on film reels anymore? My my, land uh goshin!!! Let me get my checkbook out of my purse!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just found this after putting this show as an answer in another thread.
You Can't Do That on Television Volume 3. I don't like streaming video, but what else do they give me to buy? Still, when I download it to my PC it runs okay.

I have the other 2 volumes and give them a firm recommendation. This is a fair amount of shows for the price.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
The Texan: The Complete Series, but it's still not complete, because there are 70 out of 78 episodes with 8 still missing, starring Rory Calhoun, but what the heck!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Good one Bob. Bottom is har har harlarious! One of my favorite Christmas episodes too.

bottom-holy-12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks