1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the difficulty level for assembling a ~120" Projector Screen ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by ahmadka, May 8, 2014.

1. ahmadka

ahmadka Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys ... So I ordered my Home Theater equipment late last year, but didn't get round to putting everything together till last weekend ... It took my like 2 days to setup majority of the stuff (cut cables, connect everything, setup 7 channel speakers with dual PS12-NSDs, receiver, projector, other equipment) ..

The only thing remaining is my Da-Lite HD Progressive 1.3 Gain 16:9 119" Cinema Contour Fixed Frame Screen, which I got from AVScience ... I still need to assemble this up, but it looked a little intimidating to me when I peeked into the packaging this last weekend :p

I plan to (hopefully) assemble it this coming weekend, but want to know in advance, how easy/hard is it to setup a projector screen, as I've never done it before ... Do I need a professional, or can I do it on my own .. ? I had a quick look inside the packaging for any assembling instructions, but couldn't find any .. Although I may need to move things around a little to search for it in my detail ..

So any advice here would be appreciated ! :)

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Not done a Da-Lite in, well, ever...(Da-Lite isn't the first choice in acoustic...and all I ever install are acoustic).Not difficult. But why a 1.3 gain?

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi
    It will be very straight forward...if you have any mechanical skills. Get a level and a tape measure...then a screw drill / driver.
    Follow the instructions. If no instructions go to Dalite and down load them.
    You will need at least 1 other person to assist you.
    Good luck.

Gregg

4. ahmadka

ahmadka Stunt Coordinator

Is there anything I can do which can damage the screen, permanently ? :p

This would be my first attempt at projector screen installing, so I want to avoid any common mistakes ..

5. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    most common mistake...touching the screen surface with dirty / oily fingers.

schan1269 likes this.