What's new

What's on your Daily Viewing List? (3 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Didn't get to see "Cat People" last weekend, but "Boogie Nights" was spectacular :)

This weekend I'm hoping to get out to see midnight showings of either Raiders Of The Lost Ark (4K DCP), The Shining (DCP), and/or Body Heat (35mm). On the home front, hoping to check out either the new "Sabrina" Blu-ray or possibly the musical version of "Reefer Madness" (which I've never actually seen).

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
'A Late Quartet' (great cast) and 'Simon Killer' on my weekend viewing list. Happy Easter everyone. :)

DSC02171.JPG

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I did have time to get to El Dorado last weekend and I managed to squeeze in 47 Ronin, too.

But there will be no leisure viewing this weekend. I'm still awaiting the Twilight Time monthly releases, and I'm slowly working my way through the first seasons of I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, and The Andy Griffith Show on Blu-ray, too.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm not quite sure what's on our docket this weekend...we have some friends coming over tomorrow night, so there won't be a movie.

But I did just buy tickets for Xanadu at SIFF on Sunday night. It'll be the first time I'm seeing the movie.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
New BDs, Double Indemnity and Touch of Evil, Get Carter, and DVD Loan Shark, w/George Raft; and Tony Rome in HD on my Nook.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
davidHartzog said:
New BDs, Double Indemnity and Touch of Evil, Get Carter, and DVD Loan Shark, w/George Raft; and Tony Rome in HD on my Nook.
I cannot wait to get my copy of Get Carter- Michael Caine version of course! Great selection :thumbsup:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
IMO, 55 Days at Peking looked even better than Circus World. I'm now trying to decide what to watch next. Probably Sleep My Love BD as I don't have a clear memory of this film except remembering Raymond Burr playing a detective.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's been a very long time, since, I viewed Sleep My Love so it was a real treat watching it today in 1080p. For an Olive BD release, it looked very good. Also, I streamed from Warner Instant, Blues Busters with the Bowery Boys and The Ex-Mrs. Bradford, both in 1080p.

Just when I thought I was making some headway into my viewing list, I get some TT titles like Used Cars, Conrack, All the King's Men plus The Swimmer and The Freshman blu-rays. And some more DVDs from WA and Fox Archive. My tired eyes will never get a rest at this pace. :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I can't decide tonight between a 35mm screening of "Body Heat" (which I must've seen forever ago, but can't remember) or an IMAX screening of the new movie "Transcendence" -- any opinions? HELP! :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Josh Steinberg said:
I can't decide tonight between a 35mm screening of "Body Heat" (which I must've seen forever ago, but can't remember) or an IMAX screening of the new movie "Transcendence" -- any opinions? HELP! :)
Based on what I heard about Transcendence, I think you're better off seeing Body Heat.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Robert Crawford said:
Based on what I heard about Transcendence, I think you're better off seeing Body Heat.
I'm kinda leaning that way, if only because I should have a shot at Transcendence again over the next couple weeks, while tonight is my only shot at Body Heat in 35mm for now.

(The thing that's impossible to predict for is.. I'm in the middle of a 12 hour work shift now... a noirish 80s thriller sounds good to me now. Six hours from now.. might just wanna hear stuff go "boom"!)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Josh Steinberg said:
Having seen both, I wholeheartedly recommend Body Heat. Transcendence was OK but this could literally be the last time that you get to see a 35mm print of Body Heat and Transcendence will be playing in IMAX until at least Thursday.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Josh Steinberg said:
I'm kinda leaning that way, if only because I should have a shot at Transcendence again over the next couple weeks, while tonight is my only shot at Body Heat in 35mm for now.

(The thing that's impossible to predict for is.. I'm in the middle of a 12 hour work shift now... a noirish 80s thriller sounds good to me now. Six hours from now.. might just wanna hear stuff go "boom"!)
Umm, Kathleen Turner in her prime ...

things will go 'boom'

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
David Weicker said:
Umm, Kathleen Turner in her prime ...

things will go 'boom'
Yeah, once I hit "post" on that comment, I realized I left myself wide open for that :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think I'm going with Body Heat -- my shift ends at midnight, movie starts at 12:15 (I should make it there with at least five minutes to spare), and great point Travis about this potentially being my last shot at a 35mm print of it. I saw the DCP of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" last night, so I guess I'm keeping it in the 80s/Kasdan family!

Plus "Transcendence" doesn't start until 1am, and after a 12 hour shift, one thing I am not feeling is an abundance of patience :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks