What's new

What's next for BCI? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Press Your Luck would do okay if you included the Michael Larsen episodes in their entirety.

I'm glad to hear that Match Game sold well.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Or the New York City-based Pyramids? (OK, they had two celebrities and two civilians.) Can you pry those from Sony, David?

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
There's a wrestler named Angel who says he has the rights to the US version. Powerslam Collectables. You can google it. I talked with him a few times. He's a nice fella (at least he was to me). He actually got me the whole show for like $8. Forgive me if this crosses the line to bootleg. Although the guy does say he owns the rights.

All things Ultraman on DVD...and Spectre man would be nice too. I love that cheesy show!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ive just preodered my price is right dvd set at amazon, 27.99 is their price.They got the description wrong, it says starring Cullen and audience participants, but in reality we know, he is only going to be on less than half of those episodes.Amazon needs to fix that description , because not many people will buy it.

imadkhuri

Grip
Real Name
Imad Khuri
How many Bill Cullen episodes will be on there? I heard the set has 20 episodes, that would highlight all four decades of the Barker version.

Imad

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

So his attitude towards these shows is "they never happened"? I was assuming that his retirement from the show meant he would not be involved in the discs.

I guess they're never to be seen again in his lifetime except for 10th generation tape copies on the internet. Even Jason Alexander's McDLT ad is out there on the internet.

Sony's got an iron grip on everything they own which leaves out Hollywood Squares, or any Bob Stewart ($x Pyramid), Chuck Barris, or Merv Griffin game show.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

He's still an "Executive Producer" with a TON of pull. Anything we do with the property has to be "Bob Approved".

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Yeah it is

I have a copy of it on my desk.

It has so many great stars. Heather Locklear, Adam West, Jerry Mathers, Joan Collins and on and on.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Does the Family Feud set have the cast of Lost In Space as part of it? I believe this was Guy Williams' last public appearance.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
David,what are the chances of BCI releasing The Gong Show and Battle Of The Network Stars?A lot of people who appeared as contestants on The Gong Show went on to have at least some degree of popularity - Paul Reubens,Danny Elfman,Michael Winslow and there were also a lot of big names who were judges like Steve Martin and David Letterman(I may be mistaken,but didn't Robin Williams make an appearance,or two,as a judge,during his time on Mork & Mindy).Battle Of The Network Stars had a virtual who's who of celebrities on every episode.Basically,anybody who was on a show,at the time,appeared on Battle Of The Network Stars.Because of the "celebrity factor"associated with these shows,like the Match Game & All-Star Family Feud,I think these would sell.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Gong Show is a music license nightmare. I think there may be some rights issues with Network Stars. It's something we've taken a small look into.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

It's ashame that things such as these hold releases back. Ever consider Circus of the Stars?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
David, what I really wish is you could liberate my game show from Fox's clutches. But then that would mean someone would have to pay me residuals, and I know they'd sooner eat a pony. ;)

Not quite as entertaining as "MATCH GAME," but "TATTLETALES" with Bert Convy probably has the celebrity weight and the naughty/camp factor that could make it a good impulse seller.
And if you took on the classic B&W "WHAT'S MY LINE," my friend and former TV co-star Andy Zax would be able to provide terrific historical commentary; he's well versed in the great old game shows.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
hey, David, how about looking into the "naughty" game show Everything Goes which aired on the Playboy Channel and hosted by comedian Kip Adotta? It was plenty funny, had a lot of ex-Gong Show regulars as panelists, and had a lot of nudity for a titillation factor, or is BCI mainly just for "family-friendly" fare?

One game show that would be nice (if the legal co-ownership could be worked out) is Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour. Goodson produced it, but Orion had co-ownership it (now Sony, I guess).

As for non-game shows that aren't under tight control by the rights holders, I still want to cast my vote for Kenneth Johnson's Cliff Hangers!, owned by Universal.

No idea as to rights, but how about Madame's Place? Wayland and Madame were quite popular back in the day!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks