What's new

What's new at Stryke? (1 Viewer)

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Just starting a new thread seeing what is up with John J and the team at stryke.com.. Any new driver or PR info John?

Steve Hanna

Agent
Once John get's completely set up in his new shop, it should really start kickin'. Has excellent bang-for-the-buck values.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I'm looking into building a nice pair of sealed 2-way speakers for my grandparents with the Stryke 7" glass-fiber midbass and a SA-RTW2 ribbon tweeter for coolness factor. It will be cool because both drivers will be yellow, and the enclosure is going to be glossy black with a black grille so you can see the yellow behind the grille. My grandparents had a pair of old Rectilinears that are starting to noticeably show their age. The Strykes should sound worlds better with the reciever's Loudness control switched on.

What do people here think of the Stryke 7" midbasses as far as bass extension and sound quality?

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Rory,
I'll L.Y.K. I just ordered 8 of those and 5 SA-TW1 tweeters. I'm designing a super duper 5.1 budget system. The SA-RTW2 ribbon tweeter was what I wanted to use but due to $$$ it was out of the question. That and the CTC distance would be too great for my MTM mains & center. It would work fine for a bookshelf TM though. I plan to do a BIG web page for this project as well as my sub. If you wan't me to send you full specs & plans now, email me & I will send it to you :emoji_thumbsup:
I am a little pee'd though.....Online shipping didn't get my complete order correct & I have not heard from John about it since Friday. I'll call or email him AGAIN tomorrow.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Chris,
John is often (I know he is now) very busy. He gets tons of emails and it takes him a while to get through them. Your best bet is to call him. That is what most people do if they want a quick responce.

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
I'm not real worried. I'm was just used to the quick responses I was getting from him for the first week or so of emails. I'll give him a buzz.

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Hey Jeff Rosz,
I'm starting to build my D.I.Y. web page now. I don't have any pics of the parts b/c they haven't arrived yet but I will try to get as much done as poss before hand that way I can just plug it all together later. It will be similar to Pat Sun's page with pics, tips, and instructions on building my sub and speakers as well as other projects. I will send you over some stuff now if you wan't. Same for you Jim Peitersen :)
Still no word from Stryke on my order.........:frowning:

A

Anthony_Gomez

Here is something from an email on 6/12. I don't think this uses the improved underhung motor or now. Perhaps they were concieved before it. Anyways, here is something that will eventually rear its beastie head.

plan to have 2 new drivers from TC shortly. The new HE15, and the UE15. Both will be $425 to start, and if sales go up and I can purchase in large quantities from TC, I will be able to bring that down.

This looks like the parameters for the new HE15:
Fs: 25.3Hz
Qes: .43
Qms: 10.1
Qts: .41
Vas: 76L
Xmax: 30.65mm
Re: 6.5ohm
Sd: 720cm^2
BL: 30.56Tm
SPL: 87dB 1w
MMs: 386g

In the 22" cube enclosure with dual 3000gram 18" PR's, the F3 point is 17.2Hz!!! It does however have the bump in response due to the high inductance.

The UE15 will be more for sealed box use. I posted parameters for this woofer, but I have 2 options to choose from. The one is what I posted on the bass list before. This would however have a bump in response due to the high inductance. The other will use a slightly shorter Vc. Xmax will be around 25mm instead of 30.65mm, but it uses the copper faraday motor design. This brings the inductance down to about 3mH and eliminates the bump in response. It also gives much lower distortion and a higher upper response limit. I don't have complete parameters on that yet, but i'm working on it.

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Not to get too off subject but has anyone got an email from John or spoke to him recently? I've emailed him several times at both addresses as well as called the shop and his cell. Both times leaving messages and still nothing ............

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
You guys see that Kyle is going to carry the Stryke stuff?
Link Removed
And check out John's latest version of his Thunder 12:

Wow.
I've emailed him several times at both addresses as well as called the shop and his cell.
He has a phone in his cell?

A

Anthony_Gomez

Jack, known about that for a little bit:D
but it will be nice to be able to get almost anything you want just from Kyle:)
...and yes, John has a phone in his Cell...but Bubba gets jealous when he uses it :D

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
Talked to John today. My stuff got out Tuesday so nothing but the PE & Zaltron order to play with this weekend. I can build my xovers & finish my sub at least. He is super busy & about 100 emails behind if anyone dropped him a line. So, no worries :) I did get him to BS a bit about his new TC subs. They sound F'n great. He also has some full range speakers in the mix that should be coming soon. Lots of R&D and prototypes, $ going out, not in. If the subs are as good as he says they are that will surely change. I'll get busy on my DIY page this weekend for all who are interested.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Chris,

I need to call John also. I ordered a 12" PR 2 weeks ago yesterday and it's yet to arrive.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks