What's new

What's left for Warners to release? (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter
Where is I Married A Witch and I'll Cry Tomorrow??? Warners mentioned them in 2005 and still no release date.

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot

Can we add HER TWELVE MEN, it's such a sentimental charmer of a movie!!!

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
When THE MERRY WIDOW (34) gets released, I hope it includes the seldom-seen French language version with the same leads. :)

My list of 200 titles are those I MOST want to see released from Warner, but believe me, there are plenty more! ;)

Still hoping for the Sinatra and Lancaster boxsets too this year or next! :)

And did I mention musicals???? ;)

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I would love a Jane Powell or June Allyson set but I doubt that will happen! I am excited for that Eleanor Powell set. I thought that would never happen!

And I'm still waiting for a Ginger Rogers set!

Corey

Screenwriter
I actually think Jane Powell will get her set under that TCM Spotlight banner, but I'm not too sure about June Allyson.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I would like to see some of the comedies James Garner did for MGM.

Boys Night out
Wheelers Dealers
Art of Love

Corey

Screenwriter
Tons of film noirs and gangster films left.

Also would like to have Doris Day Vol 3 and Judy Garland Vol 2 with:

-Everybody Sing
-Thoroughbreds Don't Cry
-Listen Darling
-Broaway Melody of 1938
-Little Nelly Kelly

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I think Broadway Melody of 1938 is going to be part of that upcoming Eleanor Powell set. It's kinda of more of her movie.

Corey

Screenwriter

I mean it would make sense to have a double feature with Melody of 1936, but then again, they might save it for another Garland set to have 5 titles.

Even without it being in the Powell set they still have:

-Born to Dance
-Rosalie
-Ship Ahoy
-Broadway Melody of 1936
-I Dood It
-Lady Be Good
-Honolulu

I do hope that the set contains all 7 of these films which I think it will since these are the only films she did at MGM.

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore

THE RITZ absolutely needs to be released on DVD. Rita Moreno, Jerry Stiller, Kaye Ballard and Treat Williams are all still around and would probably provide a great commentary track. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Some of the most important films Warner has yet to release that are not announced and are not B's are among the 20 films of Wheeler & Woolsey that they own such as Dilplomaniacs, Cockeyed Cavaliers, Hips Hips Hooray, Cracked Nuts and Peach-O-Reno.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
With regards to Eleanor Powell, I would like to see "I Dood It" as it is one of the few Minnelli films I have not seen. I would also hope they would include as extras the Movie or at least an excerpt from the movie "The Great Morgan" which one of her deleted scenes was used (this is also a film I would like to see but haven't yet). Also and I am not sure of this there may be a deleted scene or alternate take of Eleanor from the Movie "The Duchess Of Idaho". For other films, I want to see more silents, I am hoping for a Lillian Gish set and a John Gilbert set. I would also like to see a "Dawn of Sound" collection like what was released on laserdisc a while ago (even if includes incomplete films with missing sequences (like "Good News") or missing the whole or partial sound track (like "Wir schalten um auf Hollywood") or even films where the audio only survives (like "The Rogue Song").

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Julie Christie, Peter Finch and Alan Bates...FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD in stereo and OAR with full Roadshow treatment...Overture, Intermission etc.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor

Corey, who said Ann Sheidan would have a box set next year?
When I asked WB in the last chat about some of her movies. they only said that more Ann Sheridan films are coming next year. And I really don't think that means a box set dedicated to her.
Maybe they will release Edge of Darkness, Silver River, George Washingtom Slept Here, Nora Prentiss and The Unfaithful in thematic boxes (film noir, classic comedies) or collections dedicated to other stars (like Errol Flynn)

Greg_M

Screenwriter

"The Ritz" is coming back to Broadway (with Rosie Perez!) maybe that will spark some interest and Warner will release a DVD

ryanCollins

Stunt Coordinator
little big shot
captain's kid
the singing kid
the great o'malley
warner's biggest child star of the 1930's my friend sybil jason. more important to me than bette davis or garbo.
snowfire
1920's-1960s warner movies not mgm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks