What's new

What's coming from Sony in 2008? (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
So far we know Barney Miller: Season 2 is coming sometime in January. Now, I just heard we can expect The Jeffersons: Season 7 on January 2 though it is uncofirmed as of yet. I wonder what else is planned. Surely, the next season of All in the Family must be on its way. I wonder what other series they will make progress on. My hopes are for more Hart to Hart and The Facts Of Life. Would also like to see the second season of What's Happening Now!! since it has the funniest episode "Cabin Fever". :)

michael_ks

Screenwriter
What's coming from Sony in 2008? Almost certainly no black & white series. I would be very surprised if we saw a continuance of seemingly abandoned series, "The Partridge Family", for example. I basically view Sony as the anti-Paramount.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Kinda hoping that Hart to Hart season 3 would be coming but nothing has even been hinted about

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

LOL!!

Well, I don't know what's the dang deal with Sony but I can make a wish list can't I? In order of preference:

1.) Flying Nun 3 (last season)
2.) Mary Hartman 2
3.) Hart to Hart 3
4.) What's Happening Now? 2
5.) Jeffersons 7
6.) All in the Family 7
7.) Archie Bunker 2
8.) Saturday Night Live 3 (and maybe 4)
9.) Bewitched 6

And whatever else they choose to throw out there is fine with me. I can't even recall all that they control. They control the rights to too much, is the problem. I would also note, by scanning their official website, that tv on dvd is not their main focus; they really seem to be promoting their recent feature film releases, which is understandable from an economic viewpoint. I just think they're missing out on a little more income, and all of you probably agree.

It's funny to think, though, that they produce one of the greatest dvd sets of all time--Saturday Night Live.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Ethan, do you know anything about Hart to Hart what the hold up is? Or is it just not selling that well?
I heard on somewhere like IMDB that there were legal issues??
Thanks

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

I would like to know about this too. It was a pretty successful release. I was watching the bonus feature on the Season One set last night. Great stuff. Would love to see more of the Harts tangling with danger on dvd.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

Great list Ethan! Yes, would love to see more Archie Bunker's Place as well, especially considering that it is the season where the character of Edith passes. They may wait until AITF is complete before doing this though.

I'm surprised The Flying Nun is not complete yet. With one more season to go, why stop now?

And I know music rights are a concern but I would love to see Sony release Square Pegs: The Complete Series.

imadkhuri

Grip
Real Name
Imad Khuri

Where did you find out that The Jeffersons: Season 7 DVD is coming out Jan. 2?

Imad

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

It's not confirmed yet but someone over at SitcomsOnline (The Facts Of Life message board) mentioned it. It seems logical that it would come out in January. Hopefully, tvshowsondvd.com will announce it soon. I'm not a huge Jeffersons fan but I'm sure there are many fans out there that will be happy.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

I have no idea what's holding things up. Lengthy waits for Sony releases are so common, that I barely even noticed that it's been forever since season two. (Well, 14 months or so). I thought the other seasons had sold well, but what do I know. I would like to see a "final season" release of all the eight movies they did; I believe those are not even controlled by Sony. (Again, what do I know?)

I'm more mystified by the fate of Mary Hartman...anybody know anything there?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

I wish someone would pick up the pace in the tv-on-dvd department.

Do we know who owns the rights to the tv movies? Would love to see those on dvd too.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully, we get more Fantasy Island. With The Love Boat coming in 2008, it would be the perfect companion to that series.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I'd want to see these four shows continued, but it's unfortunately highly unlikely to happen anytime soon : DIFF'RENT STROKES, THE NANNY, PARTY OF FIVE and WHO'S THE BOSS?

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Only thing I want from Sony:
Bewitched Seasons 6-8
I Dream Of Jeannie Season 5

Unreleased:
The Amazing Spiderman (1 season)
Houston Knights (2 seasons)
Dennis The Menace (4 seasons)

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
I expect we'll see Cupid at some point, especially since Rob Thomas is bringing the series back on ABC.

How about Family, Here Come the Brides, Police Woman, Partridge Family? All stuck in release hell. And where the heck is Bridget Loves Bernie which was announced last year and then pulled?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks