What's new

What's become of D.O.A. (1988)? (1 Viewer)

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
There are probably only three other people out there who actually liked this movie, but the 1988 version of D.O.A. - with Dennis Quaid - was supposed to be released this month. It just seems to have disappeared. It's not out anywhere and Amazon has removed their listing for it. Has it been cancelled? Delayed?

Does anyone know what's happening with this title?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I bought a copy of this last week at my local Borders. $12.99 plus tax. They only had one copy; it was in the "Thrillers" section as I recall.

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
Damn! I keep forgetting to look for this when I'm out...thanks for reminding me! This is a really good neo-noir, a must get!

Thanks
Jim

p.s. DVDempire has it in stock if you want to order online.

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
on DVD price search, Best Buy is listed as the best price @ $6.99 with free shipping, but the link is old. the title isn't on BB's site now...

bummer. i was waiting for this title, and i liked the price!

also, i had The Doctor (william Hurt) on my list as a 10/14 release, but looks like its been bumped to April '04.

Kenneth English

Second Unit
I was just at Best Buy last night and they had it (in the Drama section) for $9.99. Great movie. Been waiting for it forever. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I saw it over the weekend at Circuit City. Was going to get it, but put it back.

I just checked Amazon, and they still have it listed and as shipping in 24 hours. Had to search under Dennis Quaid because typing in D.O.A. brought up 156 listings.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
For those of you that got it - is it anamorphic? I saw it, but I could've sworn the back just listed it as being "widescreen" without using any anamorphic qualifiers. Every site I look at lists it as being anamorphic, so maybe I'm mistaken...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks