1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's a good paid photo hosting site to use?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Lee Scoggins, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Well-Known Member

Lee
    I have some detailed pics and I want to store 1-4MB jpegs if possible for linking to from other sites.

Can anyone recommend a good site?

Thanks.

2. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Well-Known Member

ManW
    www.pbase.com is a very popular one. You basically get 200MB for $23/year -- and their pricing structure allows scaling by 200MB increments on a month-to-month basis. However, their resized views do lose sharpness, ie. when you choose a smaller size than the original image.

If you need more than 200MB and/or need better resized views than pbase.com and don't expect too many hits, you might also consider www.smugmug.com. They charge $30/year for the basic service that provides 2GB/month bandwidth (w/ extra bandwidth for unusual months) or $50/year for power user service that provides 4GB/month. Storage is essentially unlimited, and people can also use their printing service, if desired.

Both have free trial periods to check out.

FWIW, I use pbase.com, but I might also add an account w/ smugmug.com if I start turning my photography into a semi-profession for freelance work.

_Man_

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Well-Known Member

Lee
    Thanks Man-Fai. I will check these sites out.

4. Elinor

Elinor Well-Known Member