What's new

Whatever Happened to Everyone? (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
And Sony. I remember him getting married and that was sort of the end of Keith. I was for sure he would become a moderator one day. I'm not in the "exclusive group" but from years of lurking I have noticed the splintering of the originals.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

Reminds me of that Zsa Zsa Gabor quote "No man is complete until he gets married. Then he is finished."

Bruce

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I remember the good old days also. Been around here since '98 myself but do not post as much as you guys do.

Met a lot of you on some outings here in NYC ... the few HTF meets we had.:emoji_thumbsup:

Since Netflix came into my life a little over a year ago, I have not bought many DVD's.

My HT hobby is is pretty much non existent anymore. I don't buy anything anymore. Whatever I have , I have.

Been hanging out on the MINI Cooper forums a lot and goign to a lot of rally's lately

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I stay mostly in the Advanced Anime Discussion thread and also participate more in local clubs than I do in any online forums.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
I'm still around. I was never a real big poster but I still do post from time to time (just upgraded my receiver to a B&K 507). Never really got into a "click" here on the forum, but I do remember many of the people listed in previous replies. I now spend most of my time on homebrewing forums since I started brewing my own beer about two years ago....Another great hobby by the way.

Greg

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Many of the originals are still around...but often on other boards like HTT and HTGuide etc...though a few of us still post here as well.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'm still around, although I don't post nearly as much as I used to. As DVD became more part of the mainstream and we became more used to it, this community grew and some of the luster came off of the first few years' excitement surrounding DVD.

Personally, I'm just very busy. I also found another movies discussion group that is a better fit. Of late I've found myself in the TV area a lot more. Go figure.

We're still out here Matthew. You just have to keep looking. :)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member

Keith can be found over on the Steve Hoffman forums these days where the discussion is strictly on music which is more to his taste.

People's interests change over time and there comes a point when you can only get so much out of a message board before the conversation becomes a broken record.

J

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I still lurk here a few times a week, although none of you probably knew me anyway.

On a very slightly different topic, I have noticed the same diminishing of interest among the LA locals who used to get together at least a couple times a year either at someone's house for a few DVD screenings or at the Village theater in Westwood for the big movie of the moment... I miss those get-togethers!

Jason_Els

Screenwriter
- Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

One of the great joys- and great sorrows- of life lived is the incessant arrival and departure of people from it. Some we will like, maybe love, others we will only care for but a little or not at all. Tarry not long! To dwell too deeply on such matters brings about sentimental melancholia which cannot be easily put aside.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Dickens creeping into the after hours forum, mind getting woozy, vision blurry... Quick, someone post a picture of Lindsey Lohan in a bikini before we are beyond return!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
She must have got silica on that outfit and it was absorbed away.

BTW, I'm still here. Whaddaya mean no one was wondering? Its been 5 minutes since my last post, people get worried.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
After some of your recent posts on a certain "other" forum Matt, I'm surprised you have any time to post here at all. ;)

Me, I'm on a lot more than I used to be. Now that I work from home I'm on several times a day.

But I also miss Rain, Darren H, Pascal, Rich Malloy, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks