What's new

What your real Japanese name? (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well I knew monkey would be in there somewhere oakpi. Were you born in the year of the monkey by any chance. I'm just asking.

I is keeding little dude!:D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I was born in 1986, Ishikawa Chiaki. I don't know if that was the year of the monkey or not. :D

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Fujiwara (wisteria fields) Takumi (open sea)

Looks like me & Jay H have the same name. Would have preferred Akira Kurosawa or Ishiro Honda. :D :D

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Curiously, as I understand it, the Japanese typically make things "friendlier" for Westerners by reversing the position of surname v. given name in Anglicised versions of their names, so for instance for Akira Kurosawa, Akira is indeed his given name, and he is Mr Kurosawa. However, in Japanese, the surname comes first (as is the case with the Chinese and Koreans).

It says the generator is kicking out the Japanese names in traditional format, e.g. Kurosawa Akira, and my impression of Japanese names seems to back this up: Nakamura and Morita are not uncommon Japanese surnames -- anyone remember actor Pat Morita and Sony ex-chairman Akio (IIRC) Morita?

I get Yamashita (under the mountain) Taiki (large radiance). Actually, in Chinese my surname, Lim (or Lin) is forest/woods, and I suspect in Japanese is still the same.

Oliver Kopp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Oliver
My name is Kaito (big dipper of the ocean) Kurokawa (black river). You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I can’t decide if I am doomed to nobly suffer slings and arrows for approx. 180,000. years
.......or inflict them.

I’m Yumi (archery) Michiyo (3 thousand generations).

Kevin T

Screenwriter
Kawazoe Takumi

Kawazoe = riverside
Takumi = open sea

what the hell does that mean? am i an open sea beside a river? double you tee eff!!! pen missile!

kevin t

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
My japanese name is 秋本 Akimoto (autumn book) 駿 Shun (fast person).

Tony, you were born in the year of the Tiger, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks