What's new

What would you like to see next from TImeless? (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Gary you need to start a sticky crystal ball thread just so we can keep track! :)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Gary OS said:
     Quote: Interesting that you mention The Real McCoys.  My crystal ball says we can expect the entire run to be released in the not too distant future!  The same crystal ball info also reveals the long awaited The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp set is coming soon.  Gary "I wish we'd hear something positive about Route 66, but so far I've heard nothing" O.
Yes, yes...Wyatt Earp...finally. That is one I've really wanted to see get to completion. I've watched the second season get pulled twice so far as the release date approached. I'd even be willing to go for a complete set purchase (even though I have season 1 and the Rhino set already) to ensure it doesn't get stalled again. Great news. thanks Gary.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
The Westerner -- Peckinpah's 1960 breakthrough with Brian Keith would fill perhaps two discs. Noon Wine -- Peckinpah telefilm from 1967 with Jason Robards won acclaim and Katharine Anne Porter's approval. The Outcasts with Don Murray -- lasted one season, in 1968. High Chaparral -- hardscrabble horse opera from Old Tucson. The Bounty Man -- 1971 telefilm, a career-best for Clint Walker. Strange Paradise -- late 1960s Canadian riff on Dark Shadows.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by smithb

Yes, yes...Wyatt Earp...finally. That is one I've really wanted to see get to completion. I've watched the second season get pulled twice so far as the release date approached. I'd even be willing to go for a complete set purchase (even though I have season 1 and the Rhino set already) to ensure it doesn't get stalled again. Great news. thanks Gary.

Oh, I should have mentioned something important. The crystal ball did NOT see these two sets coming from Timeless. It will be a different outfit putting these out. Sorry about not making that clear. This is a "Timeless" thread and I should have thought about that before. Sorry for any confusion.

Gary "as for Timeless themselves, I'm up for anything else they get from the Uni vaults" O.

S

silverking

Earp is up for pre-order at Amazon (December). No info as to what season so I imagine it is a re-issue of the Infinity/SFM set.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
silverking said:
Earp is up for pre-order at Amazon (December). No info as to what season so I imagine it is a re-issue of the Infinity/SFM set.
A bit more information from a press release: SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 28, 2011 – Inception Media Group, LLC, a diversified media company specializing in the production, acquisition and distribution of entertainment content, today announced it has signed a multi-year output agreement with SFM Entertainment, a leader in television distribution. As part of the agreement, Inception Media Group has acquired worldwide home video and digital distribution rights to television titles from the SFM catalog which, among other things, include programs from the Jerry Lewis and Flip Wilson estates. Initial releases will include restored editions of “The Colgate Comedy Hour” starring Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis, “The Jazz Singer” (live 1959 NBC broadcast starring Jerry Lewis), the complete "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" classic television series starring Hugh O'Brian and the complete classic television series “The Real McCoys” starring Richard Crenna and Walter Brennan. The first set of new releases will be available this fall. I would guess that they would probably release season by season, but the key being that they HOPEFULLY release THE ENTIRE SERIES.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Yes, that looks to be a re-issue of Season One, Chris. Thanks for sharing that, buddy. If I read my crystal ball right, it did say we'd get some reissues first, but that eventually the plan was to release the complete Earp. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for both that and the complete McCoys some time next year.

Gary "I know Brad and others have been anxious to get the complete Wyatt Earp, so hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later" O.

EDIT: There you go, Richard! That's confirmation to all of us that these sets are coming!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Getting back on track with Timeless, I see that several people have mentioned The Outsider. My crystal ball doesn't see that one coming (at least not at present), but it does see another series on the horizon that has the word "Out" as a part of the title.

Gary "of course all things are subject to change for various reasons, but this show I'm hinting at is certainly on the radar" O.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
Getting back on track with Timeless, I see that several people have mentioned The Outsider.  My crystal ball doesn't see that one coming (at least not at present), but it does see another series on the horizon that has the word "Out" as a part of the title.  Gary "of course all things are subject to change for various reasons, but this show I'm hinting at is certainly on the radar" O.
Outlaws ? I hope!!!

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Hey Gary any sign from the crystal ball on MCCLOUD starring Dennis Weaver. With all the obscure stuff Timeless has released from Universal, I find it kind of suprising that Timeless hasn't released MCCLOUD. MCCLOUD is a much more well known Universal show and as an added bonus it is in color which usually improves DVD sales (many people will not buy black and white shows, I haven't heard of anyone who refuses to buy any color shows). Maybe Universal wants to charge a premium price for MCCLOUD. Thanks Gary! Robert

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Richard, you nailed it. Not sure when, but I know it's being worked on. It will be another welcome addition, that's for sure!

Robert, I wish I had better news for you. I've not heard anything about Timeless and McCloud. That's a higher end show, so to speak, so it might be out of their range, money wise. But I don't know if they've ever even thought about going after that show. I'm still holding out hope for Hec Ramsey. But who knows if that's even on the radar at this point. We were getting what I'd call strong rumors about that series coming out a couple of years ago. But now nothing.

Gary "I'd also have loved to see Timeless wrestle The Dakotas away from Warners, but apparently that's not happening - bummer" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I think the problem that's prevented McCloud from getting picked up by another US label for Region 1 is a very simple one. The problem of Season 1. Now that the original 60 minute versions of Season 1 episodes were found and released in R4 (my only foreign region purchase of a US show), fans I think would rather see those before seeing Season 3. But would any label want to do S1 originals and then Season 3? I think it's obvious no other label wants to reissue the combined episodes versions of S1 and the S2 shows that Universal did themselves.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Probably so, Jack. I'd like to see McCloud released here in the States, but it doesn't look all that likely right now.

Gary "I'm just happy that Timeless has been taking full advantage of this deal they have with Universal - we are getting all kinds of great stuff" O.

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
The Remainder of Naked City Hourly Shows and the half hour shows with McEntire and Franciscus !!!!!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Does Warner own the rights to Stoney Burke? As far as I can tell MGM owns the rights, but then, I don't know if someone else owns MGM. If possible, would love to see Timeless give us Stoney Burke, it is right up their alley.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I second Jack's idea for a Gary The Soothsayer sticky thread! I would love to see Timeless dig into some of the short lived Mystery Movie series like MADIGAN and TENAFLY. These could easily be done in one quickie 2 or 3 disc sets like those that came out for BANACEK a few years ago.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Richard V said:
Does Warner own the rights to Stoney Burke? As far as I can tell MGM owns the rights, but then, I don't know if someone else owns MGM. If possible, would love to see Timeless give us Stoney Burke, it is right up their alley.
Stoney Burke was a UA production like "Outer Limits" which means today's MGM owns the rights, not old MGM inherited by Warner. When today's MGM owns it, that means Fox distributes it and we all know what that means.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the replys Gary and Jack! I would rather see MCCLOUD Season 3 get released rather than seeing Season 1 rereleased correctly this time. You can still buy the region 4 set to get the correct Season 1 release. Maybe Shout will pick up MCCLOUD. They have picked up Kojak. Or maybe the company that picked up McMillan and Wife what is it Millineium Media - maybe they will pick up MCCLOUD. It would be nice if someone would! Take Care! Robert

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Richard V said:
Outlaws ? I hope!!!
What I heard is there is an elements issue. Its an NBC owned show, not Universal, although they are one and the same now. It ran on FoxNet, although cut to 46 minutes. But that was 20 years ago and who knows what happened to those prints.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
What I heard is there is an elements issue. Its an NBC owned show, not Universal, although they are one and the same now. It ran on FoxNet, although cut to 46 minutes. But that was 20 years ago and who knows what happened to those prints.
Wasn't there some VHS pre-recorded episodes released a few years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks