What's new

What would you like to see from Twilight Time next? (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I would like to see:

-Spacecamp (an 80s kids sci-fi adventure with a great John Williams score. One of my favourite films of my childhood)
-Krull (again 80s sci-fi with an excellent James Horner score)
-Spacehunter: Adventures in the forbidden Zone (again 80s sci-fi with an Elmer Bernstein score)

the Year of Living Dangerously, Sodom & Gommorah, Esther and the King, Land of the Pharaohs, Stanley and Iris, Anastasia and Barabbas that were mentioned, would also be great!

Also a couple of other Biblical films:
The Prodigal (1955) and The Story of Ruth (1960)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'll second Spacehunter for two reasons:
The Elmer Bernstein score, and the fact that this was shot dual camera 3D, but released single strip. The 3D effects in this one really pop, and if properly harvested, would make an excellent BD 3D release.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I was really hoping that there might be at least one Easter release culled from the wonderful titles mentioned above. No such luck, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a worthwhile request. The biblical/religious epics can look really outstanding in blu-ray form.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
My understanding is that FM has some major music rights issues not easily (or cheaply) resolved.

Anchor Bay's legacy DVD might very well remain its final best expression in hard media form...as it has for the past 10 years since going out of print.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
A quality Anamorphic Widescreen / Stereo Blu-ray release of "Boy On a Dolphin" along with it's superb score.

It ain't gonna happen, (Fox Archives got in first with abysmal 4:3 transfers) but decent Anamorphic widescreen versions of "The Best Things in Life Are Free" and "April Love" would satisfy a large multitude of fans.

Other FOX Cinemascope titles suited to TT that would look great on Blu-ray include,
"Can-Can", "The Blue Angel" (remake), "Woman's World", "A Farewell To Arms", "The Racers", "New Faces","How To Be Very, Very Popular","House Of Bamboo", "Soldier of Fortune", "A Man Called Peter" and "The Girl Can't Help It"

Some of these have had DVD releases in the past, but I would like to see them re-visited on Blu-ray.

Doug.

calvinm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Calvin
Quebecois cinema always seems to be overlooked but I've really enjoyed all of the films I've managed to see. I can't help but feel that TT's business model may be he best way of getting some of these films on Blu-Ray - on disc period - with English subtitles:

Kamouraska.jpg
a_tout_prendre.jpg
Jusquau-coeur1.jpg
bons-debarras_grande.jpg
ordres.jpg

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
"Woman's World", "A Farewell To Arms", "Soldier of Fortune", "A Man Called Peter" and "Garden OF Evil".

Love all these titles!!!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I also wish that TT could take on Raintree County. Yes I know it is locked up but I thought if the WB has no interest in it perhaps TT would. The cost I know would be a factor. I just wish the rights could be given to them.

John Skoda

Second Unit
From Fox: APRIL LOVENo great shakes as a movie, but it was one of the titles mentioned way at the beginning when Twilight Time was starting up and it never happened.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Mark Collins said:
I also wish that TT could take on Raintree County. Yes I know it is locked up but I thought if the WB has no interest in it perhaps TT would. The cost I know would be a factor. I just wish the rights could be given to them.
Twilight Time does NO film restoration work on the titles they license...it's done ENTIRELY by the studios they get their titles from...a better bet for Raintree County would frankly be WB itself or a joint project with Criterion, much like what they recently did with MGM's "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!!!" with the able skills of esteemed forum member Robert A. Harris...

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I also cannot understand what Fox is doing with The Razors Edge. I should think the movie would have been out by now. The film is a classic and should be on BD.

Garden of Evil is another title I hope that goes to blu-ray from TT.

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Mark Collins said:
I also cannot understand what Fox is doing with The Razors Edge. I should think the movie would have been out by now. The film is a classic and should be on BD.

Garden of Evil is another title I hope that goes to blu-ray from TT.
The Razor's Edge...one of my favorites. Trust that either FOX or TT will eventually release it...great Newman score.
Garden of Evil would also be welcome.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Mark Collins said:
Salome would be another great title for TT. I wonder do they have the Sony Library?
I have the UK SALOME DVD and the image is sharp, colorful and without any apparent damage. Whatever elements they used were in great shape. It would make a stunning blu-ray.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Ed Lachmann said:
I have the UK SALOME DVD and the image is sharp, colorful and without any apparent damage. Whatever elements they used were in great shape. It would make a stunning blu-ray.
Ed my DVD looks great too. I just watched it for a second time early today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks