What's new

What would you like to see from Twilight Time next? (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Actually whether it is Twilight or Sony I would love to see a Blu release of FOOL'S PARADE. Great picture with James Stewart, Kurt Russell and Strother Martin.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
THE EGYPTIAN, KHARTOUM, THE BLUE MAX, 300 SPARTANS, AGONY AND ECSTASY and now THE WAR LORD make we wish that there might be a widescreen historical epic in the wind, since this bunch look so amazing you can almost walk into them. This sort of film seems to fare best in the blu-ray image improvement department and, for me, are SO worth the investment, since they are played over and over again.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The War Lord was on Channel 4 HD today in the UK. It was the first (and last) time I have seen it. The image quality was very good and I assume the same source was used for the blu-ray. Not one of Charlton Heston's finest though for me.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
The War Lord was on Channel 4 HD today in the UK. It was the first (and last) time I have seen it. The image quality was very good and I assume the same source was used for the blu-ray. Not one of Charlton Heston's finest though for me.
This film's been a favourite of mine for years (& what a fantastic music score!) I have the Blu-ray on order. It gets a great review over at dvdbeaver, & looking at the caps (old DVD & Blu) it's not just the old master used for the DVD, but a new HD transfer, & it's only costing me £10 delivered. So two great transfers of 60's movies in the next two weeks, this & 55 Days At Peking. I hope TT carry on the 60's vibe with their next announcements.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Billy Batson said:
This film's been a favourite of mine for years (& what a fantastic music score!) I have the Blu-ray on order. It gets a great review over at dvdbeaver, & looking at the caps (old DVD & Blu) it's not just the old master used for the DVD, but a new HD transfer, & it's only costing me £10 delivered. So two great transfers of 60's movies in the next two weeks, this & 55 Days At Peking. I hope TT carry on the 60's vibe with their next announcements.
Yes, THE WAR LORD looks fabulous over at dvdbeaver and I just can't wait for mine to arrive! Sure hope that Eureka goes in that direction again soon. I have the French 55 DAYS and it looks outstanding, one of the best looking transfers I've ever seen.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
It's too bad that THE WAR LORD was shot on the Universal backlot. It's very obvious and cheesy in that respect. I heard that they wanted to shoot on location but Universal said it would be too expensive. The score is one of my favorites and its a great script...

EdG

Stunt Coordinator
Elmer Gantry
Inherit the Wind
Judgement at Nuremberg
Hawaii
Hour of the Gun
The Hawaiians
Run Silent Run Deep
Legend of the Lost
The Enemy Below
McKenna's Gold
Lilies of the Field
Seperate Tables

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Expecting the July-August announcement any second now...

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
If Criterion doesn't licence Carnal Knowledge or The Long Goodbye, I'd be happy for a TT blu-ray release. I own a lot of MGM cult films on DVD (Buckaroo Banzai, Eddie and the Cruisers, Love at First Bite, Remo Williams, etc), and though I'm not keen on upgrading every DVD in my collection, some of those would be fun to revisit in HD (if they were in proper aspect ratio and had songs cleared, i. e. Love at First Bite), should TT release any of them.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
ahollis said:
HELL IN THE PACIFIC is an ABC Pictures film and while it is licensed by MGM from Disney, it more than likely can not be sub-licensed to Twilight. Wish they could for I would love to see SONG OF NORWAY, ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER, and KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA.
Postcard​
krakatoapcb.jpg
Newspaper ad​
krakatoamoviead.jpg
Movie poster for the re-release in 1975 under the title Volcano​
volcan1.jpg

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
Since TCFHE seem completely uninterested in releasing it in region A, I'm hoping TT can get a deal done to relase Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days.

Considering Fox had two opportunities to release this title in the past few years to tie sales into Bigelow's newfound fame (they could have even slapped "From the director of The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty!" on the front cover), I'm seeing TT as the best chance for seeing this get released in region A now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks