What's new

What would you do? (horror related) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was talking to people here at work about this thread and what people would do. We agreed that if we were to go hold out in a prison. Someone should remember to try to get a tanker truck filled with gas and grab some cows and chickens. ;)

That was a funny article..should have changed the date..April fools day. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ooo! Good One. Alcatraz! Even if the zombies could swim, the currents would be tough to fight (especially with weak zombie muscles) around Alcatraz.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Alcatraz would be a good spot, but you'll have to go shopping for food eventually. Maybe you can fish from the Alcatraz pier? Does Alcatraz have its own power generator? All in all - probably the best location to retreat to from zombigeddon.

- Colton

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
You need to eat more than fish, or you'll get scurvy.

Mark, just my luck, zombie or not I would be the ugliest guy at WalMart. :) Oh, well. Even so, I'd go to WalMart before I'd go to Alcatraz. Scurvy's not for the likes o' me. (Yo-ho.)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I think I would go to that prison they used in The Shawshank Redemption. It had big thick walls around it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Colton

Supporting Actor
Not to get too off-topic, but I'm starving for a good zombie first-person shooter. So, I'm thinking of what elements would make for an awesome zombie game:

Zombie game requirements should be:

1. Co-Op! I can't stress this enough. Going solo would make it almost impossible to survive. You'll need someone to cover your ass at all times. I would even go as far as having NPC bots that you find along the way who can give you ammo and food. Give these NPCs a gun and they'll use it.

2. Huge environments with open-end navigation to reach your destination. Weather and day/night. Buildings can be entered and made temporarily secure, but not permanent. Zombies will smash through any barricade. You'll always need to be moving.

3. Vehicles. Perhaps a limited selection with little or no gas which requires you to rig a gas pump, fill a container and take it back to the vehicle. Extremely risky without someone covering your ass while you fill 'er up.

4. Hordes of zombies that just keep coming at you. Slow and fast types. Noise attracts them - so, try not to get trigger happy with just any zombie you see. The more noise - the more zombies. Environmental sounds included - break glass or kick a door in will make your team a target for lingering undead within earshot. So, you need to keep as quiet as possible.

5. Infected team mates. If someone gets bitten - a very limited amout of antidotes can be found. The antidotes do not heal 100%. They just postpone the infection, so infected team mates must find antidotes when the infection starts getting worse. Teams must choose to either to try and keep the infected team mate alive by finding more antidotes (which will also help keep you alive since he's still fighting the zombies) or just kill the team mate (shot to the head).

6. Lots of various weapons. Silent weapons: machete, axe, flame throwers and silencers. Loud weapons: pistol, machine guns, grenades and rocket launchers.

Any more suggestions?

- Colton

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

If you're an "infected team mate", and pass on, you could just automatically join the Other Side. Then the game becomes you and a few thousand of your undead "friends", versus a small number of living characters ("food") that stubbornly keep firing lethal distance weapons at you.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

We're supposing that "there's no more room in Hell", and that the dead are "walking the Earth". Very possibly in search of "fresh brains ... YOUR brains!"

Scurvy will be the least of your problems. :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I found a new place to hide....my local Costco. Its got tons of supplies and no windows to get in.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Todd, are you sure that would work? I've been to Costco, and I'm not at all convinced that they have any sort of policy against issuing membership cards to zombies.

Sam's club at least has a "Zombie" check box on their membership application, but I'm not sure if checking it would disqualify an applicant. One can hope, I suppose.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Top 10 locations to wait out a zombie holocaust:

10. Alcatraz Prison
9. United States Embassy
8. Forest Station Tower
7. Military base
6. Fort Knox
5. Off-shore oil rig
4. Navy battleship
3. Antartica Research Facility
2. Underground bunker/missile silo
1. Space shuttle

- Colton

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
What about old people? Would you kick them out of the place you were hiding in? I mean, if they died, wouldn't they then become zombies?

Colton

Supporting Actor
Depends on your taste of storytellers:

George Romero: All deceased bodies will returned to life. Graveyards will be the primary breeding grounds of the undead returning to feast on the living flesh. Regardless of death, all return as zombies.

Zack Snyder: Only infected people will become zombies from bites. Persons dying of natural causes or anything besides being infected from a zombie bite will not return.

Either way - we're screwed.

- Colton

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
ok, so now the question is, if someone dies of natural causes, they won't turn into zombies, but can a zombie then "infect" them? :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Mark, According to the Zombie Survival Guide (Yes, its a real book by Mel Brooks son). He says the opposite of Romero. Only infected zombies can make more zombies. If someone is dead before infection, they stay dead. He actually says graveyards are the safest place. Because, their is no food source for them. The reason the dead can't be infected. Their needs to be blood flow to spread the virus.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Who's Zombies present the tougher scenario, Romero's or Snyder's? Would you rather face the "running" zombies that only multiply by infection or Romero's slow moving horde that infect all dead corpses? Either way I'm heading to a less populated area that has ample firearms and Wal-Marts available for supplies......like New Hampshire. Even in the event of a Zombie apocalypse it would be damn near impossible to get a firearm permit in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Just reviving this thread after just watching "Land of the Dead" for the first time. Wherever I am going...I want Dead Reckoning to take me there. :)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
How about wearing a suit of armor or chain mail. It wouldn't help you if you got really mobbed by zombies, but it might prevent those surprise bites that always seem to happen to people in the movies. Human teeth can't bite through a lot of things, like thick canvas or leather either. I don't think zombies have super-strength.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Maybe not super-strength, but in DAY OF THE DEAD a group of zombies managed to pull a man apart. Unless your armor is somewhat welded together - you might stay in one piece.

By the way, during the zombie-craze when 2004 DAWN OF THE DEAD was released, I jokingly sent an e-mail to the CDC on how they were prepared for an all-out zombie attack and how to prevent the outbreak ... this is the response I got back:

No wonder the zombies took over so quickly! Our tax dollars at work! *sigh* :frowning:

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks