What's new

What would totally surprise us in 2010? (1 Viewer)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks, Danny, that's great news about ALIAS SMITH, providing Timeless uses the new remasters that were done for Encore and doesn't start scrounging for 16mm prints.

I'm sorry to hear that the quality of HCTB drops off in the second season. I watched both seasons when it originally aired, but was very young and have little memory of individual episodes or overall quality. I would still like to see it.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by MattPeriolat

Wow, interesting timing then. It makes sense for a Lucy Blu-Ray release, especially given it's the most high profile classic series after Trek and TZ. I was just watching my Complete Series set last night and honestly, my only complaint was not having the original to-commerical wipes from Season One, plus we had the original openings as extras, but none of the original closing titles. Do those still exist? Also, out of morbid curiosity, I'd kind of like to see more of the Phillip Morris commercials that ran during Lucy, but that's probably a whole seperate rights issue.

With the centennial coming, I also wonder if there will be a greater effort to get more Lucy on DVD at least. Obviously, the restoration of the Lucy Show is going to take some time, but if they could get more than one season out in 2011, that would be nice.

I just think it would be nice if all six seasons of The Lucy Show were out on DVD, at least, by the time the show hits its 50th anniversary: October 1st, 2012. Now that would be nice!

Elena S

Supporting Actor
Well, the release of Ally McBeal this year shocked me, so I would be doubly shocked if Boston Public or Chicago Hope came out. And the rest of Dharma and Greg. It seems that the shows I really want don't make it to DVD.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Elena S

Well, the release of Ally McBeal this year shocked me, so I would be doubly shocked if Boston Public or Chicago Hope came out. And the rest of Dharma and Greg. It seems that the shows I really want don't make it to DVD.
See you Chicago Hope and raise you LA Law, another tragically overlooked David E. Kelly show.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Wish for 2010- Finish: Hardy Boys,S.W.A.T.

More: Police Woman,Baretta,Kojak,McCloud,Mod Squad,Flipper

Release: Bad News Bears,Grizzly Adams,Cade's County,Harry-O

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
The continuation of:

Hill Street Blues,
Newhart, and
St. Elsewhere;

More frequent releases of:

Law & Order;

And the start of:

Harry O.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Originally Posted by Mark Talmadge ">[/url]

I know what would surprise us, a complete series set of Magnum P.I. with Detroit Tiger's cap and Hawaiian shirt. [/QUOTE]
Hahaha. I'd so be up for that. In fact I've been waiting for a complete boxset for a couple of years now.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Neil Brock[/b] [url=/forum/thread/295392/what-would-totally-surprise-us-in-2010/60#post_3642336]

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
My Wish list for my uncomplete collection
1. Green Acres
2. War of the Worlds
3. The Fall Guy
4. Bob Newhart Show
5. Superboy
6. Kojak
7. Highway To Heaven
8. Whats Happening Now
9. White Shadow
10. All in the Family
11. Jayce and the Wheel Warriors
There are other titles I would like to see that needs to be finished But I hope Sony & Warner will keep Night Court & Barney Miller going!

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
My Holiest of the Holy Grails right now is the 90's version of The Outer Limits. This show was on the air for seven seasons so I can't possibly be the ONLY person who likes it. Second place goes to the rest of Family Ties. I gave up on The Wonder Years

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Luisito34

My Holiest of the Holy Grails right now is the 90's version of The Outer Limits. This show was on the air for seven seasons so I can't possibly be the ONLY person who likes it. Second place goes to the rest of Family Ties. I gave up on The Wonder Years
Well, the problem with 90s Limits is the first season WAS released on DVD, but they used the syndication edits as opposed to the originals that aired on Showtime. Subsequently, the release tanked and there's been no interest in a revival since. I wish they would too, since I was a fan of the show too. But no luck.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]I know what would surprise us, a complete series set of Magnum P.I. with Detroit Tiger's cap and Hawaiian shirt. [/COLOR]

Ha! That's great, Mark...I'd love to see that...don't know if I'd buy it, but I'd love to see it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks