What's new

What would totally surprise us in 2010? (2 Viewers)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by HELLOLARRY

I have a few thoughts and comments about what you've posted:

Streets of San Francisco - I have the first two seasons of this one. What are the music rights issues with season 3? Is that a specific episode or the whole season. I know the majority of the companies aren't shy about altering or cutting things out. :)
I completely forgot about Season 3 of The Streets of San Francisco!

The one episode which was mentioned a lot in another thread, was the episode "Mask of Death".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by HELLOLARRY

Leave it to Beaver - I thought I read somewhere that they were looking at a complete series set of this one sometime down the road. Is that a fact or was it just rumor?
I read that a few months back too but I'd definitely consider it a rumor at this point. I hope it's true though.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Originally Posted by Gary OS

FLIPPER - if MGM picked this one back up I'd be very happy. But for some reason it seems like a long shot.
I wouldn't count on much of anything from MGM for the time being. The company is being sold off for its parts. The rumor is that Warner may end up with the Library, but who knows how long the sale will take.

As far as TV shows I would be surprised to see......

The 1950's editions of Dragnet. I understand that Universal owns all the original negatives for this show and they could put out a very high quality product if they wanted too. However I'm not sure what its public domain status is at this point.

Doug

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Jack, a bit off-topic here, but from what I understand you're a big fan of the New York City years of the Pyramid Game Show that began in 1973 with the $10,000 vesrion, and ended in 1981 with the $50,000 version. One thing I was wondering is how did you feel about the show when it permanently moved to Los Angeles in 1982?

I felt that not only the show changed for the better (because that's the version I'm more familiar with), but I also liked that they adopted the tiebreaker format from the original $25,000 Pyramid with Bill Cullen. I don't know why Bob Stewart thought the original tiebreaker format was a good idea. One look at an episode from June 1978 with Sandy Duncan & Nipsey Russell says it all.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The game play quality was certainly better in the 80s (though it got a little bland to see every game always be 21-20) but the ambience of the 70s NY version I will always prefer (just as I prefer almost all 70s game shows to 80s game shows)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
and now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

since "It Takes a Thief" is rumored... "Switch" coming out aswell would be nice!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The hijacking of this thread towards a discussion of a topic that is clearly a violation of HTF Posting Guidelines will stop immediately. Further disciplinary action is possible so please stay on topic without violating our posting guidelines. Thank you.

Robert Crawford
HTF Moderator

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Fox releasing th elast thirteen episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Or indeed, anything other than more retreads like Buffy the Vampire Slayer the Complete Collection That Only Got Fifteeen Repeats On TV In Between Episodes of that Other Series with Kung-Fu and Vampires In It.

As opposed to the novel concept anything else.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

and now, back to your regular scheduled programming...

since "It Takes a Thief" is rumored... "Switch" coming out aswell would be nice!
Was it ever revealed who is supposed to be releasing It Takes A Thief? If it is Image that release could be in jeopardy since they're apprently going bankrupt.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I also hope that Image was not responsible for any of the rumors regarding "Ellery Queen" next year.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Waiting on the rumored complete TZ BR from Image and would love a Dragnet release as well. Even better would be the '54 Jack Webb flick, though if Warners owns distro rights I suspect this one would turn up in those dreaded Archives.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by MarcoBiscotti

Waiting on the rumored complete TZ BR from Image and would love a Dragnet release as well. Even better would be the '54 Jack Webb flick, though if Warners owns distro rights I suspect this one would turn up in those dreaded Archives.
What is a TZ BR?

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

I would also like to see the 54 Dragnet feature released. Honestly I like the Warner Archive. Its getting a lot of films out there that frankly would never see the light of day other wise. And I've found the quality to be quite good.

Doug

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Come to think of it, wonder if they might ever do I Love Lucy on Blu-Ray? If they do, anyone else besides me wish they're have branching versions of the episodes so we could see them with their original openings if we wanted to?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by MattPeriolat

Come to think of it, wonder if they might ever do I Love Lucy on Blu-Ray? If they do, anyone else besides me wish they're have branching versions of the episodes so we could see them with their original openings if we wanted to?
I would buy a set like that in a heartbeat. I never bought the Complete Series DVD.

It can be done, because the show was restored and then remastered in 1080p, so they have the masters, along with the double opportunity in 2011 to honor the show's 60th anniversary and Lucille Ball's centennial (which gives them time to really knock it out of the park).

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by MatthewA

I would buy a set like that in a heartbeat. I never bought the Complete Series DVD.

It can be done, because the show was restored and then remastered in 1080p, so they have the masters, along with the double opportunity in 2011 to honor the show's 60th anniversary and Lucille Ball's centennial (which gives them time to really knock it out of the park).
Wow, interesting timing then. It makes sense for a Lucy Blu-Ray release, especially given it's the most high profile classic series after Trek and TZ. I was just watching my Complete Series set last night and honestly, my only complaint was not having the original to-commerical wipes from Season One, plus we had the original openings as extras, but none of the original closing titles. Do those still exist? Also, out of morbid curiosity, I'd kind of like to see more of the Phillip Morris commercials that ran during Lucy, but that's probably a whole seperate rights issue.

With the centennial coming, I also wonder if there will be a greater effort to get more Lucy on DVD at least. Obviously, the restoration of the Lucy Show is going to take some time, but if they could get more than one season out in 2011, that would be nice.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald

I don't know the particulars of how and why, but Universal owns (and has owned) the 1954 feature film version of DRAGNET, even though it was originally a Warner Bros release to theaters.

One of Universal's many TV-on-DVD blunders was not including it as an extra on the DRAGNET: SEASON 1 set, even though there was plenty of room there for both it and the 1966 TV-Movie pilot that re-launched the show as a color series... that, and releasing the set on problematic DVD-18 discs.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
The second season of HERE COME THE BRIDES would be fantastic, but since it was such a weird surprise that the first season somehow got a release, it's extremely unlikely we'll ever see anymore episodes besides online. I wish I could get my hands on a decent alternate set, but they sure don't seem to be around.

I would also include the second season of ALIAS SMITH AND JONES, but at least I have my off air copies from Encore Westerns.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The remainder of Alias Smith and Jones is coming next year from Timeless. As for HCTB, I didn't care as much for the second season but I have most of them from CBN, although they're cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks