What's new

What would a PB12-ISD/2 do in a small BEDROOM? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Despite the fact I work in a home theater store (I sell some very hi-end gear), I am not happy with a lot of the 'boutique' subs that I get for about $1000 WITH a dealer discount.

I am looking at the SVS PB12-ISD/2 instead. $1000 with freight and thats it.

However, while I will be moving on to a bigger and better place (I am in college and working) in a few years, I am in a 13' X 13'6 bedroom for now.

What do you think the subwoofer in question would do to this room? I use a JBL E250P right now and it does very well, but I want more.

Thanks!

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
The folks who run your college will kick you out after the walls of the dorm fall down!... :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

WayneO

Supporting Actor
That sub will suck up a lot of space.....or it can replace an endtable :). A PC+ cylinder might be best for your space. You could always add another later or sell it off(good resale) if you need more in a new home.

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
I've got dual PC+'es in a room almost equal in size to yours.

Are they overkill? Heck, I'm thinking of upgrading to dual PCUs. ;)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
What do you think the subwoofer in question would do to this room? I use a JBL E250P right now and it does very well, but I want more.
__________________________________________________ ____

Pretty much anything you asked of it.

dave/r

Auditioning
I've just ordered a PB12-Ultra/2 for a room that size. I'd rather have a massive sub running cool and unstressed than have a small sub straining to get the bass performance I want. You can always turn it down, but there comes a point when it just won't go any louder... I don't want to find myself at that threshold too often.

Axu R

Agent
I have a PB10 in similar size room and it's never near it's straining point. I just couldn't bear it, the speakers would blow before that thing. And this is an apartment..

I'd say it would produce serious bass, not tear any walls down if you don't plan to...

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Here is the deal. I am living at home while I am in college (can't beat free rent, utilities, etc. :D ), but as soon as I get a real job, I want to buy a house.

The idea is I am building a system I can enjoy now, but also have it large enough for a BIG room. The other thing I am getting when I get a house is a front projector (by that time, something for the InFocus 4805's price will be a LCOS with 1920 X 1080 res :emoji_thumbsup: )

So this is just a temporary acheivement.

dave/r

Auditioning
Im in a similar situation to you Kenneth. Im in a small 4th floor flat when at uni and at home with my parents in the holidays.
I love my music and have a decent 2.1 system. I watch movies on my computer, 19" TFT. I have some extra speakers I can wire up for 4.1, but I too will have to wait until I'm in a more permenant place before getting a projector and proper 5.1.
I see no reason not to get some big bass though- but it'll be tough getting a PB12-Ultra/2 to uni and back!

RyanJE

Second Unit
I live with the rents also. Similar size room, tiny bit bigger. I also have the e250p. I was thinking about svs also. I think it makes more sense to save now and wait a couple years until I get a house. By then Ill have enough saved to by a fat tv and any sub I want. You guys who talk about getting a projector, is this only for movies?? I think Big Screen might be better if its for movies and tv.

TimGregis

Grip
Kenneth

What equipment do you sell? I just moved to a new state and my old connection at my home state av store has moved on to another profession.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks