What's new

What will be the biggest flop of 2004? (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Andy I agree.

I recently read a advanced review of Hellboy and the reviewer adored it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I doubt it'll be a hit, but I'd not be surprised if it recouped its budget. How much could this flick have cost to make - ten bucks?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Mask 2. Why bother without Jim Carrey? :thumbsdown:

Dirty Dancing 2. Uh...why?

Catwoman will suck, but will probably make quite a bit of money.

Randy, I love what you said... Sky Captain - This summer's "League of Extrodinary Gentleman" :laugh:

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
For your pleasure, here is the new Entertainment Weekly cover... Anyone remember those Roger Corman remakes back on Showtime in the mid-90's??? This remind me Roger Comans: The Black Scorpian... This really is pretty bad!!!

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I can't believe for the life of me just how stupid the first "Mask" was...let alone return to it.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
I am surprised many are predicting Catwoman to flop, is there a trailer out there for this yet? I think Halle looks stunning in the suit. However Hellboy looks god awful and I am predicting this to hit the toilet splashing up on butt cheeks like bad chinese food.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

That woman will look stunning no matter what- one of those celebrity that pretty much everyone like.
(And yes, I'm sure there are quite a few here who are eager to post how they're not like that, etc, but that's to be expected on a messageboard like this. The fact is that men of all races and ages find her attractive, and women enjoy her films as well. Halle is a top ticket-selling celeb.)

Yet, despite this, they managed to make Catwoman look silly. But given her star-power and film success, it still might rake in the dough.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
Mike if you are referring to how she looks in the suit, I disagree I think the suit is cool and again she looks stunning

CatWoman web-site

The supporting cast though appears to be very weak. Sharon Stone and Benjamin Bratt.............oh boy

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
I must ask is Warner Bros crazy? I can't give over the mostly pathetic supporting cast for Catwoman, this could be a franchise! You could have duel stars like say a Michael Keaton who could have provided an interesting twist to the movie by being a supporting cast member like Nicholson and Keaton for BM. At least add some folks with good acting credentials. Here's the supporting C cast list.

Benjamin Bratt
Sharon Stone
Lambert Wilson: He's probably the most credible actor on this list.
Alex Borstein
Frances McDormand

You mean to tell me these folks were not available?

Cole Hauser
Don Cheadle
Vincent D'Orofrio
James Spader
Naomi Watts
Deborah Kara Unger: A favorite who does not get close to enough work in Hollywood. She played opposite to Michael Douglas in The Game.
Mira Sorvino

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

She's C class? She's a damn fine Oscar-nominated actress, and have enjoyed her in most of the films that she's been in.

I don't get good vibes from Catwoman so far.

I can kinda understand why people think that Hellboy might be this years LXG, but I'm still rooting for it. While the first trailer wasn't great, I still saw some interesting stuff in there.

I'll also put "Van Helsing" in here. It all depends on which Steve Sommers shows up here. The one that directed the fun "The Mummy", or the one who directed the bloated "The Mummy Returns"?

Jason

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Her costume looks horrible. She has ripped pants and her boobs are hanging out.

Michelle Pfeiffer's and Lee Meriwether looked far better and alot more sexy than Berry does in that garb.

Just has bomb all over it.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
This is one of the instances where less is more. I'm referring to the amount of reveal of course. Halle has a very nice body, but that costume just ain't right.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

A sampling of films where Frances McDormand did somewhere between a credible job and ‘one of the best performance of the year’:

·Fargo
·Miller’s Crossing
·Blood Simple
·Raising Arizona
·Mississippi Burning
·The Man Who Wasn’t There
·Short Cuts
·Something’s Gotta Give
·Almost Famous
·Laurel Canyon

Of course this list is heavily weighted towards Coen Brothers’ films, but then (1) she is part of the family and (2) I like the Coen Brothers and picked out films I liked.

I’ll accept that you may not care for her performances in these (or in any) films. But I think that you would be in a distinct minority.

Surely not the ‘C’ list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks