What's new

What was the SEALED version of Willy Wonka I sold on EBAY? (1 Viewer)

ChrisA

Second Unit
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but what was the original version which I owned? I never opened it and sold it on EBAY for $70.00...
It was 1.85:1 widescreen anamorphic, wasn't it? I don't rememenr because I never opened it and I never watched it. I wish I could buy it back, but only can imagine the price now. Warner Brother's sickens me with their catering to morons. It just so happens that these same 1.33 morons will be buying widescreen TV's at an increasing rate. So IMO, it is only a matter of time before widescreen version is released. I did cancel my order, I'd rather wait 5 years than owned a cropped P.O.S.
------------------
Link Removed

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yup, that would have been an anamorphic transfer. Perhaps I should go gloat that I kept mine.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

ChrisA

Second Unit
Amazing, boy am I mad. Funny thing is they already have a digitized anamorphic widescreen print and just opt not to include it.
Just look at the upcoming Pearl Harbor with three different versions. Or even worse, just look at how many DVD's offer both the cropped version for the morons, and the OAR enhanced widescreen version.
Amazing. I diagnose CLUSTER INFARCTS at WARNER HOME VIDEO.
------------------
Link Removed

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Amazing, boy am I mad. Funny thing is they already have a digitized anamorphic widescreen print and just opt not to include it.
Not only that, they went out of their way to create a new, remastered (and, from all accounts, much-improved) widescreen transfer, and aren't doing ANYTHING with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks