What's new

What to spend $500 on? (1 Viewer)

Jim_F

Screenwriter

One of the coolest $500 toys ever. Holds my entire music collection, a few movies, some games and controls iTunes/AirTunes via my wireless network. Oh yeah, internet and email too. Best of all, it's not a phone.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
My wife was in the same situation a few years ago - almost exactly the same amount, and from a grandmother's will (but maternal rather than paternal).

In the end we thought it appropriate to get something that would remind us of the old lady and bought a limited edition print and got it framed. We were fortunate to find an etching of a field of cow parsley, which bizarrely enough was one of her favourite plants. The picture looks great, and (though this wasn't the intention) its value has risen well above what we paid as the artist has grown more collectable over the last few years.

In case you're wondering what cow parsley looks like - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_parsley

BrettV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett Voss

You are very wise.

Focus on the positive.

It's 500 dollars you didn't have before and that you get to spend on something fun!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Rent Brewster's Millions. That should give you some ideas. Run for office as None of the Above. I'll vote for you.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Yes but it also absorbs water and I do not wish to be dessicated. It's not the fall that kills you, but the subsequent dehydration...

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Anything you can do together (and without any kids, if applicable). Strictly speaking that would count as an investment, and perhaps even not be unnecessary, but the contents, what you decide to do could meet the terms fully.

That driving trip could be nice. Make sure it includes something slighjtly sinful - like a private sauna.

Cees

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I looked at various toys, but I really don't want any new stuff at the moment. I have a hard time finding time to play with the toys I already own.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I think we're going to apply our unexpected riches to pay for the season tickets to the local Broadway Theater League for the upcoming '08-'09 season, an unplanned splurge last month. But we had a good time with Wicked and all the shows for the new season look good. So it should be a lot of fun, and a good "investment" for my wife and I to spend good time together.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks