1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What to replace Dead 09 Panny with 11 Plasma?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Harley Scott, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Harley Scott

Harley Scott Member

Our 2009 TH50PZ 800U is toast ..

Love the picture and the sound , but the power supply boards have the lifetime of a nickel rocket. It was one notch down from the top in 2009 with THX.

Thankfully bought a warranty; 3 power supplies shot in 2 years.

Dealer will replace it after attempts to fix it; so which 2011 model is comparable?:

ST 30 1080 p but no THX

GT30 "THX

VT30 "THX"

Of course, I would pick VT30; but would appreciate your wisdom on what you would accept.

Thanks!

2. Harley Scott

Harley Scott Member

I guess no one goes back that far.

3. 99monguse

99monguse Active Member

My god...I thought Panny plasmas were good. I have a Panny rear-projection from 2005 and its still perfect. i want to replaced it with newer technology but not if a new TVs only going to last two years.

4. tv-tech

tv-tech Member

My shop is full of TV's 2 years old or less. Until Panasonic gets their parts supply running in a reasonable time frame , I wouldn't touch them. Great sets, beautiful picture, horrible replacement parts supply. I'll see if I can get any insight from one of the Panasonic service centers for these models. I only work on them on extended or out of warranty.