What's new

What to do with old TV after upgrading?? (1 Viewer)

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
I need some help.

I own a Toshiba TW56X81 HD ready rear projection 16:9 TV that I bought back in 1999.

My wife and I have decided to upgrade to a Sony Bravia SXRD KDS-60A3000 60" 1080p Rear Projection HDTV and a PS3,

However, the wifey wants to have a plan as to how we are going to get rid of (ie give away), the original TV which is still functional.

Would any charity want an older TV like this enough to come and pick it up?

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Andy:

I just gave my old Mits to a friend of mine with kids. I knew he wouldn't be able to get one on his own with having 3 little ones taking up all the funds. Any charitable organization like the VA, shelters for kids and parents, etc. will usually come by and pick up something like a TV for you and you can write it off your taxes.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Thanks Parker. I guess I will start calling around today. I was even thinking of something like youth centers or senior centers may want it.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Day care centers, hospital visitor care centers, and retirement homes are some possibilities. We have a local charitable orginazation that gives things directly to the needy (as opposed to the national chains that sell things for cash and give only a portion to those in need)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks