What's new

What song do you use to show off your system to a friend? (1 Viewer)

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
Seems like everybody play something different, myself I play James Taylor's "Gaia" on SACD, Mariah Carey "My All" and Pink Floyd "Time" on SACD. Just looking for ideas with this thread. Who is Jacintha similar to and what's her best album?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
As I'm not SACD or DVD-A capable, I'm still using regular CDs. Anyway, I use the following:

Anything from the Norah Jones SACD/CD hybrid version of "Come Away With Me"

"Gaia" and "Jump Up Behind Me" from James Taylor's "Hourglass"

"Money For Nothing" from the Japanese XRCD version of Dire Straits' "Brothers In Arms"

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Joni Mitchels "Comes Love".

It's the song I demo equipment with. And if I want someone to hear everything my systems two channel sound is capable of. This is the one!

These are awesome show-off discs:

Kurt Elling: Live in Chicago (jazz vocalist AWESOME CD!!!)

Milhaud: Les Choephores; Roussel: Symphony No. 3 in G minor; Honneger: Rugby; Pacific 231
Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic (classical music with chorus)

Dave Grusin's arrangements of the music from West Side Story, especially Track 1
(Big Band Jazz)

Chris Norman: The Beauty of the North (Traditional wooden flute)

Sarah Vaughan: After Hours (jazz vocals with double bass and guitar accompaniment only)

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Side 1 of "The Wall" UK vinyl. :) One song is'nt enough for this great record, in fact I play all 4 sides frequently because it just pulls me in. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Point of Authority from Linkin' Park's re-mix DVDA called "Re-animation" is a stunning sound collage that would blow most peole away.

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
I really don'y have a demo favorite - but I do gotta (sorta) echo Frank S's sentiments. I had an old friend over a few weeks back, and I put on "Rubber Soul" by the Beatles...

He said that it sounded great - he never thought that CD was any good. Before he started taking stock of my equipment, I informed him this was a mid '70s German VINYL copy. He went back home and hooked up his turntable.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I use "Trains" by Porcupine Tree off their album "In Absensia" The song starts off with a strong acoustic element for the first 50 seconds or so which really shows off a speakers midrange and clarity. Then the song absolutely opens up and rips into it with a heavy bass line that really gives your subwoofer a workout. It continues to have crazy changes and pacing elements that make it a workout for any speaker. It's a great, well rounded, demo track that never fails to impress. Plus it's an impeccable recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks