What's new

what size TV (1 Viewer)

IM1340

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
So I have spent the past couple months getting my surround sound system put in and the next step is to put in a bigger TV, the first picture is the current 47 in panasonic plasma, the second is a pretty close cut out of a 60 in. the main sitting area is around 12 - 13 ft but the room opens into the kitchen that has bar seating which goes back another 12 feet or so. My question is would a 60 inch be too big for this area? I've looked at 55 in as well but I don't want to set it up and regret not going with the bigger size. Suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 27

Mr645

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jon
Someone once told me. Take the viewing distance in inches, and the largest suggested screen size is half of that.

12'=144 inches, so largest suggested screen size is 72"

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
It appears to me that your cardboard cutout is too small for a 60" TV. All you need to do is measure the width of your spot and look up the different TV dimensions. You don't have any other place to put the TV?

IM1340

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
the cardboard cutout is exactly the dimension of a vizio 60 inch LED, just used these dimensions to give me an idea of how it would look in this space. My house was pre-wired and all of the wiring for the TV comes out of the wall behind where the TV sits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks