What's new

What Single Title Do You Most Want On Blu? (1 Viewer)

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I could mention some lost films I'd love to see like Hat's Off and Convention City, and i heartily endorse Gary's choice of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, but I'll go with something attainable:

Oklahoma! Todd-AO version restored to look better than the CinemaScope version that would be on the same box set.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Raintree County. It's only video release has been on laser disc and VHS tape.The first movie filmed in the MGM Camera 65 film process. The second was Ben-Hur.

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Ken Russell's "The Boy Friend." Not much of a chance though as it is out from the Warner Archives burned on demand as a DVD.

Second choice would be Ken Russell's "The Devils."

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Ziegfeld Follies of 1944, the original, longer cut of MGM's Ziegfeld Follies which did open in a few cities but was then revised and re-issued worldwide in 1946.

Since the likelihood that the original version and its deleted numbers emerging is not very realistic, I would be happy with a pristine Blu-ray upgrade of the 1946 release of ZIEGFELD FOLLIES.

The DVD release of a few years ago did not do justice to the film, IMO.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
MLamarre said:
Powell & Pressburger's A Matter of Life and Death.
My favourite film, and one of the 2 from my top 10 which has been announced. Had it not been, that's what I would have put.

Should be appearing in France any time soon (he said hopefully).

Steve W

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Paul, you read my mind! Another enthusiastic vote for a Criterion redo of SPARTACUS. Honest, Criterion, I'd even gift an additional seven copies of that one!

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'll put in a vote for "Decalogue". I think there are other movies I like more, but this was such a holy grail, for so long, that it would be neat to have it make it to Blu.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Wow, I think I would buy a copy of nearly every movie that has been mentioned. Worthy choices, all.

But - since it hasn't yet been mentioned - HIGH SOCIETY.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
lukejosephchung said:
James Cameron & Fox's Shawn Belston have this and "True Lies" on the front burner for 2014 BD release...

Well, then, if the man himself plus Belston have said it's coming out in 2014 then I guess that means it's coming out. I'm hoping for an early Spring or Summer release because I don't think I can stomach another agonizingly-long wait. This has dragged on long enough.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dave B Ferris said:
I'll put in a vote for "Decalogue". I think there are other movies I like more, but this was such a holy grail, for so long, that it would be neat to have it make it to Blu.
I didn't add this one cause I figured it was "cheating" under the guise of one title.Or is there a loophole for "movie sets that go together"...???

YanMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Yannick
I have brought this up a couple of times previously in some other threads, but this is as good a place as any to bring it up again...

For me at the moment, I would have to say Kathryn Bigelow's Strange Days.

Come on, Fox... make it happen for Region A finally! And make sure to include the excellent original teaser trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks