What's new

What Single Title Do You Most Want On Blu? (1 Viewer)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
This might be an interesting exercise since we have many threads that deal with want lists, but here you must narrow it down to a single movie or TV series, the one unreleased title you would prefer over all others.

Think of it this way: Criterion has offered to make you a custom Blu-Ray with a state of the art transfer and all the extras you want, but just for one title.

No multiple answers, please.

I'll start:

THE STRAWBERRY BLONDE, 1941, WB, Raoul Walsh.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Placeholder as I have to think about that one for a while, as it has to be special and probably unlikely for BD release for whatever reason.

Alright, after some serious debate, I'm going with Men with Wings, a terrific William Wellman directed film in beautiful Technicolor about the early days of flight starring Fred MacMurray and Ray Milland. I don't believe it's ever been release in the video product era, but I watched it a couple of times on TV in my youth. A favorite I've been missing ever since.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Robert Crawford said:
Alright, after some serious debate, I'm going with Men with Wings, a terrific William Wellman directed film in beautiful Technicolor about the early days of flight starring Fred MacMurray and Ray Milland. I don't believe it's ever been release in the video product era, but I watched it a couple of times on TV in my youth. A favorite I've been missing ever since.
Now I really want to see this! It sounds great.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Darn, this is a tough question. I'll be very unconventional and say Keep 'Em Flying (my favorite Abbott & Costello film of all time). It would be neat to have deleted scenes from the cutting room floor, which I'm sure don't even exist. But if I can dream, that would be my pick.

Gary "I know, I know - how stupid a pick" O.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Oh, there's a handful, but I'll keep it to one...The Charge Of The Light Brigade 1968. I loved it when I saw it at the cinema, I think it's a great film. It is on Blu-ray, but I read that it looks no better than the DVD & is still the cut-down version.Once I had that, I wonder what the next one would be, The Vikings, The Great Race, The Last Valley, The Alamo. But no, The Charge Of The Light Brigade is the first in the queue.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I'm not into the BR mkt as yet but I guess it would probably be "Lilies of the Field" (1963) since it's not yet available in anamorphic format that I know of anywhere.

If it was a TV/DVD question, it would be easy for me to pick one ("Combat!" remastered from original elements).

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is a tough one for me. My film watching is way out in left field. I'm lucky if 4 out of every 10 films I want to watch are even on DVD.

I got a good one though...if this were ever coming to BD...I'd pre-order the very day it was allowed.

Pre-Edit...

Holy crap, the movie I was about to put here was released in the UK on July 31st...ordered...got to pick something else now...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Possession-Blu-ray-Sam-Neill/dp/B00CZB8IOW/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1376257045&sr=1-2&keywords=possession+adjani

Edit: Got one now. Streets of Fire (1984, Lane/Dafoe/Pare)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Jeff, TV series are eligible, but just one series. I know we're more inclined to think of films when it comes to the superb quality of Blu, but I think some series would be very attractive in the format, including COMBAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks