1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by David Preston, Apr 22, 2003.

1. David Preston

David Preston Well-Known Member

I just got a new ht cabinet and I have enough room for more components. I have a dvd/vcr player that I rarely play cd's on. I also have a 5 disc changer that I retired and put away. Should I put it back in my system to keep from using my dvd player as much or continue using my dvd player to play cd's. Will it increase the life of my dvd player if I use it only for dvd's. Thanks

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Well-Known Member

It only stands to reason that the less a DVD player is used the longer its lifespan. Though others would disagree, I prefer to use a DVD player for DVDs and a dedicated CD player for CDs. So I like your idea.

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Well-Known Member

I agree with jack, unfortunately in my case i have two choices for cd play back, my PS2 or Yamaha S2300..... so i use the PS2 as mucha s I can. though as soon as i move out of my parents house (hey the rent is cheap and im still in university) im going to buy a dedicated cd playerand solve my problem.

4. Doug_B

Doug_B Well-Known Member

One may question whether the potential decrease in DVD player lifespan will be significant compared to the eventual urge or need to upgrade the DVD player for other reasons.

Many folks have distinct CD players because they want a better performing source for their music.

Doug