What's new

What short lived show do you want from WB Archives? (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I hate to admit it, but after about 1975, I don't even know what is Warner's and what isn't

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Just got a reply from WA:
We're delighted you are enjoying our Warner Archive Instant streaming service, and thank you for letting us know that. ENOS is a likely candidate for DVD release once we clear a few more hurdles.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
hurdclear said:
from email, twitter or facebook they answered you ? Also it is pathetic they use generic reasons for hurdles, is it rights from actors, music or what ?
Frankly, I found nothing pathetic about it. Warner Archive has been doing a great job of putting out "one and done" series and I'm not about to bash them. BTW, it was via their FB page.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
There aren't any "missing" episodes. Who at Warner told you that?
Wikipedia, but of course, you can't trust them for their inaccuracies, so bring on AMCS at WB!

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I would like to see Warner release Mortal Kombat. I would assume that they own it since they released it in Australia about 4 years ago. This show only lasted one season but the reason for the cancellation was not ratings. The ratings apparently were good enough for a second season but it ran into the same financing issues that ended The Lost World tv series. As a result, it had one of the most unusual endings in tv history. The bad guy wins. Obviously it was part of a cliff-hanger but it ends with Shao Khan seemingly to have destroyed his enemies both good and bad.

savowoll

Auditioning
Real Name
Saco
Who knows if they will, but to get THE SMURFS you have to order from AUSTRALIA as they have released the whole series there. Although the packiging is like HOUSE on blu-ray was. scratched and broke discs due to having no hubs.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Believe these to be WB/owned. With clearances, could all be short and sweet releases.

Kaz

King's Crossing

The Mississippi

Flamingo Road

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
HenryDuBrow said:
Believe these to be WB/owned. With clearances, could all be short and sweet releases.

Kaz

King's Crossing

The Mississippi

Flamingo Road
What, no Secrets of Midland Heights? :)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
The irony for me is that, while Warner is currently doing the best work (as the big studios go) on getting more classics and semi-obscurities out on DVD/MOD, they're probably the studio (along with Sony) with the least number of series I care much about owning... CBS/Paramount, Fox and Universal are the ones with the short-run goodies I want most.

That being said, I'd like to see these from Warner Archives:

THE DAKOTAS
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1968, prime-time Hanna-Barbera)
DIANA (1973, not sure if this is with WB or not, and it's actually something I'd rather stream first to appraise, rather than 'blind buy')
CAIN'S HUNDRED (maybe... I'd like to 'test drive' it, via streaming)
THE TRAVELS OF JAMIE McPHEETERS (maybe... ditto)

There are invariably some forgotten gems buried in the WB/MGM/Lorimar television catalogs that I might like, but I have no way of knowing what they might be, or that I'd enjoy them enough to want to own them.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
"Diana" was produced by Talent Associates/Norton Simon which should mean the same rightsholders of "Get Smart!" should have the rights to it and that's not Warner (though would that mean HBO or CBS?)

The episode with Patrick Macnee, loaded with "Avengers" in-jokes I think is the only one most people would want to see.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
He and She would be another one I'd love to see. I believe even though it aired on CBS, Warner's owns the right's to the Talent Associates library

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:
He and She would be another one I'd love to see. I believe even though it aired on CBS, Warner's owns the right's to the Talent Associates library
Not sure who would own the DVD rights but its always been syndicated by Viacom, which would now put it with CBS. But maybe not for home video rights, although I know that its been talked about there.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Forgot about James Garner's Bret Maverick. I'm pretty sure Garner fans would want to see that short lived series.

James

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Since it was mention in this weeks news letter, THE JIMMY STEWART SHOW.
Also BRET MAVERICK.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ron1973 said:
I bet Cop Rock would be a nightmare music clearance wise.
I thought all of the music in Cop Rock was original and written specifically for use on the series. If that is the case, then the music clearance shouldn't be that difficult.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
ponset said:
Since it was mention in this weeks news letter, THE JIMMY STEWART SHOW.
Also BRET MAVERICK.
What newsletter? Anyway, got all of the Stewart shows from Good Life a few years ago so we know they are all transferred and remastered.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks