What's new

What sequels should AND SHOULDN'T be made? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Prince

Stunt Coordinator
As I've already posted that I would like to see the sequels Big Trouble In Little China and The Fog (also, chuck in another Mortal Kombat - this time, done right with a Hong Kong director like Tsui Hark).

What about you?

What sequels do you think should be made (can be from movies released as far back as the late '70s!) AND what sequels do think NEVER should have been made?

:star:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
fear DOT com - The one were the writer/director/sound guy/etc from the first film are the ones who only have two days to solve the case.

Ryan

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I've heard that Nataile Portman was/is in talks to do a sequel to Leon. Bad idea and a sequel that SHOULDN'T be made.

James T

Screenwriter
I heard rumours of a sequel to Se7en where Morgan Freeman goes after a pyschic killer. Sounds like a bad idea.

I want to see a Vega Bros movie. What I'm afraid of is the same reason I'm afraid of Indy IV, which is the actor's age.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Is Rocky VI still in the works? God, I hope not. And no more Rambos, either.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see an Evil Dead 4 as well.

Hopefully they won't make anymore of those obnoxious Bad Boys films.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
At some point there was talk of a prequel to Gladiator. I hope "talk" is all there was.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

Last I saw, it's now a sequel to Gladiator that's apparently in serious development. The idea is to make it about Lucius as an adult.

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever happened to the "Top Gun" sequel? I read several years ago that Cruise's production company was actively developing it. That was the last information I heard.

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
There SHOULD NOT be another Evil Dead movie. The third one ended the trilogy perfectly and another one after all these years would just tarnish the legacy of a great trilogy- my favourite trilogy of all time. Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi have moved on with their careers and everyone should accept that. Another Evil Dead movie would probably be like Terminator 3, a decent movie (not a total disaster), but one not nearly as grand as its predecessors, and not worthy of the series.

The Die Hard and Indiana Jones trilogies should be left alone as well. The actors who played their protagonists are too old to play action heroes or adventurers now. There also should not be anymore "Rush Hour" or "Scary Movie" sequels. Scary Movie was an okay comedy, but it didn't need to have even one sequel. I'm so worried that a Brian Singer-helmed X3 won't get made now that he's directing Superman. I really hope it still happens. X2 is my favourite superhero/comic book movie, and simply one of my favourite movies of all-time. I want to see a sequel with all of the same characteristics/qualities that made it so terrific- the writing, the cast, the directing, the action sequences, and the special effects.

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
(donning my asbestos underwear..)

Aparently the Star Wars Trilogy shouldn't have had sequals either...

Something that I find mildly terrifying is that someone might try and make a sequal to Blade Runner. Especially now that someone has written a 'sequal' to the book. (Now, I have no idea if the book is the sequal to BR, or is a sequal to Dick's DADOES. Either way, sounds like a bad idea.)

A lot of the joke films shouldn't have sequals... Hot Shots Part Deux was unworthy. But it probably could have been altered slightly and put out as its own thing, rather than a sequal.

Leo Kerr

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
No more Star Wars Please! No really, no more! I think they completely screwed up with the latest ones and any more would just be an abomination!

I think sequels are a touchy subject. There aren't many out there I enjoy. Usually it seems as though they were just thrown together and not really given a thought. Prequels are even worse!

Some decent sequels:

Aliens

Dawn of the Dead

The Empire Strikes Back

Toy Story 2

Halloween 2

Movies that shouldn't be touched:

Leon ( a favorite movie of mine )

Indiana Jones series

Superman series

The Usual Suspects

James Bond series ( God they just get bad)

Beetlejuice

I really am sick of the comic book movies they just don't seem to hold up to the comics. I'm also tired of the stupid tv show remakes (charlie's angels, starsky and hutch, dukes of hazzard).

I think it's time to spark some originality in hollywood's writers and have them come up with something new, fresh adn completely original!

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator

Bruce Willis isn't even 50 yet. I think he'd be fine one more time out as McClane. Plus, I loved Die Hard With a Vengeance. I sure didn't anticipate that the third time out would be nearly as good as the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks