What's new

What new films of genre a thriller or horrors will advise? (1 Viewer)

N

Nerio

I like the films of genre thriller, horrors. But, it seems that Irevised everything already. Although new I did not look. Forexample, from the last year.
What can advise interesting? what did you look?

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
What are some horror films you really liked? Knowing which ones you really enjoyed may make it easier to recommend some.

When it comes to horror films I like atmosphere to be a big part of the picture.

Recent horror films I've seen and liked:

Bone Tomahawk - This is probably about 2/3's Western and 1/3 horror.

Crimson Peak - Gothic Horror with a heavy love story aspect. Well made but probably not going to appeal to fans of gore or extremely violent horror films.

Oculus - This is from 2013 but I liked it quite a bit. It builds a nice atmosphere of dread but may not have enough gore or violence for some tastes. It really is all about the build-up and the atmosphere with this one.

Under the Skin - Sort of science fiction horror with a giant nod to The Man Who Fell to Earth. I hesitate to recommend this film but I loved it.

The House of the Devil - This has tremendous atmosphere with a slow build-up that pays off at the end. It also is a nice tribute to 1970s/early 1980s horror films.

So, there are 5 that are each a bit different but also may be "too slow" for today's "death by a billion edits" crowd.

Plus you may have seen them all already. Easier to recommend something if I have an idea what you like.

I'd also say if you like giallos Berberian Sound Studio is a must see and I would recommend Ben Wheatley's Kill List and A Field in England.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Reggie W said:
Crimson Peak - Gothic Horror with a heavy love story aspect. Well made but probably not going to appeal to fans of gore or extremely violent horror films.

The House of the Devil - This has tremendous atmosphere with a slow build-up that pays off at the end. It also is a nice tribute to 1970s/early 1980s horror films..
I was a big fan of Crimson Peak and I loved The House Of The Devil. Ti West also directed The Innkeepers which was pretty darn good. In addition to those, It Follows was one of my favorite movies last year.

V

Vibilon

I don't often watch films of this genre, but I like them. I can advise this new film, called "Lake Eerie". The film of this year. Beautifully shot, really scary looking places. It has all the charm of the story. Have any of you watched it?

V

Vibilon

Nerio
I am glad that it was pleasant.
I've watched No Escape and Sinister 2, can also advise.
There are also the last year's movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks