What's new

What movies were shot digitally? (1 Viewer)

Tom Martin

Stunt Coordinator
the only movie that i know of that was shot using digital cameras is "Once Upon a Time in Mexico". anything else?

Guy Martin

Second Unit
This is in no way a complete list, but films using the Sony hi-def 24p camera used for OUATIM:

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (just the scene on the balcony where Qui-gon tests Anakin's blood)
Vidocq (French)
The Truth about Charlie (night scenes only)
How High
Session 9
Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (3-D high def)
Step into Liquid (interviews only)
Ghosts of the Abyss (3-D high def)
The Long and Short of It (Sean Astin's short film, on the 2-disc Two Towers DVD)

Coming soon:
Star Wars Episode III
Collateral
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Casshern (Japanese)

TV Shows:
Boomtown
Star Trek: Enterprise
Earth: Final Conflict
The Education of Max Bickford

There are also countless independent and even a few studio films that are shot using standard-definition digital video cameras like the kind you can get at Best Buy. In addition to the previously mentioned Anniversary Party, some others include:

28 Days Later
Dancer in the Dark
The Idiots
The King is Alive
Pieces of April
Personal Velocity
Timecode
Hotel
Bamboozled

- Guy

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
The groundbreaking Russian Ark was filmed entirely in one long, 90 minute take and this was only achievable using a digital camera (film reels only last eight minutes). Isn't the FX show The Shield filmed with a digital camera of some sort?

Tom Martin

Stunt Coordinator
what about Underworld? on the back of the DVD box it says it was mastered in high definition, but i'm not exactly sure what that means.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Sex & Lucia

mmmmm Pazzzz (drooool)
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Tom-

That just means the video transfer was done in high definition, then downsampled for the DVD. The movie was still shot on 35mm film.

For that matter most DVDs of recent movies have been "mastered in high definition".

- Guy

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Cast Away was shot on film as far as I know. Never knew of any information saying otherwise.

Chuck_W

Second Unit
Sean...you may be right about Cast Away. But I thought I remembered Zemeckis (on the commentary track) mentioning something about this being the first movie he shot entirely in digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks