1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

what kind of monster? Audio and Component

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by ChrisLazarko, Aug 25, 2003.

1. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Well-Known Member

Well I need new component video cables for my DVD players as I need a longer length. I had bought top of the line cables when the wiz was shutting down and now unfortunatly they are not long enough with my new setup. I was looking at the cheapest cable monster offers. It is like $50 for a 3 Meter strand of it. The cables are white, compared to monsters usually black. Should I go a step up or will I not notice a difference.

Also my TV isn't a HDTV, it's just analog but I need to use the component video.

Also, for my CD player I need new cables which are longer. Is it ok to go with the cheapest cables monster offers that are like $15 for 4 meters or should I go with there Interlink 100 for $30 for 3 meters? Thanks for any help.

2. DaleBesh

DaleBesh Well-Known Member

I pick cables per application. In my experience most Canare based video cables are great for that application. I use Bettercables SVideo and Component cables. But as has been suggested you could also build your own cheaper.

3. Jack Shappa

Jack Shappa Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money on Monster Cables. You're paying for their name. I got a 25 foot Belden component cable from Blue Jeans Cables that works great for

4. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Well-Known Member

I don't have a big problem (performance/build)with Monster Cables except they are a little overpriced. IMO they are no better than RS or AR cables.
    I'd look at some of the custom cable makers and buy broadcast quality video cables which offer great performance for dollar:
    Avcables.com
    Bettercables.com
    Rhinocables.com
    Heartlandcables.com etc...