What's new

What is your favorite YouTube video? (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Tonight, to take my mind off a horrible event that happened elsewhere this evening, this is priceless to recently discover.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hooooooly Cow! :biggrin:

I think the lore to go with that play, Jack, is that after they finally got the field cleared the umpires snuck Chambliss back out on the field to touch home plate.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Yes, indeed, they did bring him back later. They understood that the rule about failing to touch the plate didn't apply in this case.

This call is a million times better than the more famous one from ABC's national telecast in which Keith Jackson's attempt to call it was stepped on by Howard Cosell in mid-flight whereupon Howard just couldn't stop yapping. ABC also had a bad camera angle of the play using the high above home plate shot and also missed that great isolated replay of Chambliss doing a Carlton Fisk and throwing his arms up in triumph. It's too bad that this is the only part of the telecast unfortuantely that still exists in the WPIX vault.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I stumbled upon this clip tonight.

Pure gold.

One of my all-time favorite songs: This Could Be the Start of Something Big (written by Steve Allen).

Performed here in 1958 by Steve Allen, Ann Sothern, Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme...and Dinah Shore.

Enjoy!

By the way, I'm pretty sure that's Frank Gorshin doing his impression of Frank Sinatra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks