1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite Ice Cream and how much can you eat in a sitting?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

We have Blue Bunny in the northeast...but no Blue Bell.

2. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Well-Known Member

Scott B.
    I am a cookies and cream kind of guy if you're talking just plain ice cream. However, I LOVE all things peanut butter when it comes to ice cream. Ben and Jerry's used to have a flavor with dilbert on the carton. It had something to do with pistachios, and it was the only Ben and Jerry's flavor that I liked. Wish they would bring it back.

3. Jay H

Jay H Well-Known Member

Jay
    So do I, I am a sucker for Peanut Butter and Ice Cream so putting the two together is like heaven on earth. I also prefer Peanut Butter and plain vanilla flavors, m favorite has been Welsh Farms, a local to NJ ice cream brand. Turkey Hill has a decent flavor too but the majority of PB ice cream is typically "Peanut Butter Cup".

Stewarts in NY has a good Peanut Butter Pandemonium if you like a busy PB ice cream and Blue Bunny has a good PB flavor too..

Jay

4. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

Whatever happened to the Rainforest Crunch company, that not only provided Ben & Jerry's with Rainforest Crunch ice cream, but also its more Woodstocky-themed variation, Wavy Gravy?
    (Rainforest Crunch with hard-fudge ripple. :) )

I can't complain, though, as here in the Paradise of New England, I'm not only within a bus ride of Bart's ice cream in Amherst, MA (the home of Three Geeks and a Redhead: Coconut ice cream, chocolate chunks, brownie and raspberry), but also live a two block walk away from Herrell's of Northampton, MA.As in, STEVE Herrell, who had his own ice-cream-geek franchise cruelly taken away from him in the 80's, and came up with the concept of combining Oreos or crushed Heath with vanilla a good five years before B&J did.
    (Was in the grocery store one time with my sister, who also married a fellow ice-cream geek--Someone walked past us in the aisle, she grabbed my arm and whispered, "OMG, that's Steve!", as if she'd just spotted an incognito rockstar.) :lol:

As for "Favorite", though...sadly, Edy's lost their license with the Girl Scouts, and can no longer market Girl Scout Cookies Samoa (caramel ice cream, coconut, chocolate and cookie bits) under its proper name.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Breyers has the official Girl Scout cookie flavors now. Their Samoa is good if you like Breyers, which admittedly isn't for everyone. :)

6. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

He's still managing to pioneer some new flavors, though:So you think you like cookie-dough ice cream?...How about Lemon Cake Batter flavor? Or Twinkie? :D
    And for fall, I usually like their Acorn Squash flavor (similar to Pumpkin pie, only milder on the cinnamon and more buttery).

Although I'll usually take their Burnt Sugar Caramel, or any variation on Malted chocolate/vanilla.

7. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
  8. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Well-Known Member

Aaron Silverman
    Good grief! I've got a tub of their cookie dough flavor in my freezer. First time in probably a couple of years that I've bought Blue Bell, too. My son and I have both eaten it; thank god we're OK.

9. Radioman970

Radioman970 Well-Known Member

James Perry
    use the rest of that stuff to maybe kill the rats in your attic!

10. davidHartzog

davidHartzog Premium
    Supporter

John smith
    A pint of Cherry Garcia goes down well anytime.

11. Bob_S.

Bob_S. Well-Known Member

My favorite is Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip! In Lancaster, PA, there is an Amish farm that makes their own ice cream fresh from the cow! It's called Lapps Ice Cream and is the creamiest ice cream I've ever tasted!

Dr Griffin likes this.