What's new

What is your favorite Ice Cream and how much can you eat in a sitting? (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I agree on Cherry Garcia. I can go through a pint on a good football night. But orange sherbert to me is perfect. Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Another vote for Cherry Garcia. For ice cream with stuff in it, that's a winner.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Whenever we are in northern Michigan visiting my parents, if we take a day trip to Traverse City we always stop at MOOmers. Their homemade ice cream is incredible. They were voted America's Best Scoop by Good Morning America. I really like the Cherries Moobilee. Traverse City is the cherry capital of the U.S.www.moomers.com

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Haven't been up there in a few decades, but I have always remembered the cherry pie, etc., around Beulah and Traverse City.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
My favorite is Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk. I can easily eat a quart at a sitting - but rarely do so. It would be my end...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I basically have a TARDIS in my stomach that handles all pizza and ice cream intake. I can pretty much eat those things until I force myself to stop.

There's a fancy Asian buffet here that has green tea and red bean flavors, and I'll cover a plate with them (often with a side of pistachio).

Publix has a new (at least to me) flavor of frozen yogurt called Coconut Road. I am forgetting what is in it aside from coconut, but good lord is it tasty.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
My favorite ice cream is normally mint chocolate chip from Baskin Robbins.

At home, I normally eat either chocolate or vanilla Breyer's ice cream, with chocolate or peanut butter syrup, and occasionally, a Reese's Cup added to it. Basically, I try to duplicate the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Sundae from Friendly's, which is my favorite, but hate the fact that the price has goes up, and seems like I get less of the ice cream.

I could sit about a 3/4 of a tub in one sitting. But have not done that in a long time!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I can handle B&J's Cherry Garcia, but down in Texas, we're in Bluebell territory. Bluebell Homemade Vanilla tastes exactly like homemade. And I also like Bluebell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Don't mean to sound negative, but only fair to get both sides of the story.

I can't stand ice cream. Freezing cold, fattening, no nutritional value at all, yuck.

Thanks for allowing me to let out my little rant.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I got a few...

Walgreen's "store brand" De-Lish is pretty darn good. And it isn't as cheap as you'd think(usually more expensive than Blue Bunny). During The Apprentice, they sold Maple Macadamia Mash-Up. They should sell that full time.

I'm also spoiled by(all within 30 minutes)...

Fair Oaks farms. They make their ice cream every day. Stupid expensive...but stupid good.
Valpo Velvet. Another stupid good. Their strawberry is like they picked the berries yesterday.

Crown Point(Valentino's...serves Sherman's from New Haven) and DeMotte(the Chocolate Shop) are both incredible..

But single flavor...

French Vanilla

nara

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hugh
860_mackies_1litre_trad.jpg

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My *favorite* ice cream is homemade liquid Nitrogen vanilla ice cream :DI made it a few times in grad school, and its the best!Here's an example. But I think it needs egg - but I'm a custard fan.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Speaking of custard, I guess that's not very common around here, but a few years ago I was in the Kitty Hawk area of the Outer Banks, and I had custard ice cream that was to die for at two or three different places.

The vanilla I've made, from a very simple recipe that came with the Krups, uses eggs, so I guess what I've made is really custard. It is really wonderful.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have a weakness for ice cream also. Usually I get Tillamook brand, which is a dairy in my state of Oregon. My favorite is probably banana split, but I also like strawberry.

My go-to in summer, however, is an orange creamsicle bar. I don't like it when the outer orange is a hard popsicle though. The outside has to be creamy too.

I've seen Blue Bunny in stores (and the brand seems readily available here), but have never tried it. I'll have to change that!

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Back in 1987, I was on a business trip in Boston.One afternoon, as a result of a quick bet, I had to eat something called "The Earth Quake": a huge plate, 25 flavours of ice cream.I finished it, and the girl said the last time someone did was 5 years before that, a 13-year old boy. I was 44.Cees

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Stan said:
Don't mean to sound negative, but only fair to get both sides of the story.

I can't stand ice cream. Freezing cold, fattening, no nutritional value at all, yuck.

Thanks for allowing me to let out my little rant.
hardly negative at all.........

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Cees Alons said:
Back in 1987, I was on a business trip in Boston.

One afternoon, as a result of a quick bet, I had to eat something called "The Earth Quake": a huge plate, 25 flavours of ice cream.
I finished it, and the girl said the last time someone did was 5 years before that, a 13-year old boy. I was 44.

Cees
They took a picture:

napoleon-ice-cream.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks