What's new

What is this?? (1 Viewer)

Mdezeeuw

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
A friend of mine bought a new home, it has whole audio system through the whole house. He bought a receiver for the front room and we have his 5.1 stet up and working great. Now, know this is for the audio to the rest of the house, so what piece of equipment do we need to get it up and working? Would i use teh current reciver and plug it tin to the red and white plugs for the audio? Mik
891328d7_IMG_20130113_163207_738.jpeg
e

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You are going to have to come up with a better picture than that. I can't see if those are 1/8th or...what??? All I see are RCA and I can't read what it says. What "else" is there? Amps in another room? 2 sets? 4 sets? 8 sets? 16 sets? 100 sets of speakers?

Mdezeeuw

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
ok, thanks. I will get a better pic later today of it and the control's in the other rooms along with how many stets of speakers. mike

Mdezeeuw

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
ok here is the better photo. [ATTACHMENT=454]photo.JPG (1,947k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There has to be "more" like that around the house. Looks like Xantech control. Where the "other room" when you wanted CD, you point a remote at the spot...sends the commands to here...etc. If not Xantech...figure out the brand. They didn't include the "demo stuff"? Or at least offer it in the sale?

Mdezeeuw

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
here is the wall control. they did not give us a remote at all, nor any demo stuff [ATTACHMENT=455]photo1.JPG (1,639k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't recognize that control. You may need to pull it to see who made it. There are way too many brands of "whole home control". By the way, that is a "repeater". so that "works" with an AVR that comes with a 2nd remote. The "input control" is for itself...not the audio equipment it was used with.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Here is an example... http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-4311CI-Channel-Multi-Room-Receiver/dp/B0042KVX2S/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358206461&sr=1-14&keywords=denon+avr You'd simply take the 2nd remote to the other room and point the remote "at the control"...it would relay back to the AVR. The 3 emitters are for AVR/CD/BD...or whatever 3 devices you wanted. The IR back is for remote "on/off" where the control is.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, here is an Amazon search of the emitters you need (you need 4)...but brand depends on what brand control that is... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=ir+emitter&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Air+emitter

Mdezeeuw

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
So the controllers are inferred? And then what would go to the left and right audio plug on top? My audio out from my receiver?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Infrared and yes, meaning the remote your AVR/BD/CD etc have been using for 3-4 decades now. You buy a "2nd zone AVR" with pre-out.

Mdezeeuw

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Great information thank u. So the per amp out would go to the left and right out then to the left and right on the wall outlet. Now what will amp up the sound? do the wall controllers have amps in them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks