What's new

What is the STRANGEST thing you've seen people do while they are driving? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I recently saw a man using an electric razor to shave his head during rush hour traffic. I thought this was so bizarre that I mentioned it to a few people when I got to work.

A co-worker overheard the conversation and chimed in with his story which BLEW mine away. He said he once saw someone practicing a trumpet with the sheet music propped up on the dashboard :eek:

Anyone else got something strange?

p.s. Let's not lead this into a "complain about people driving" thread, let's keep it light and fun.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Yea, BJ's at the stop lights are pretty cool, but slow your reaction times down, and are really dangerous in the event of an accident (can we say severed boys and girls?)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I once saw a guy shaving while driving and I mean really shaving -- complete with one of those cruel razors that hold a double-edged blade horizontally, face lathered up with soap, and a towel around his shoulders.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen folks driving with a book propped up on the steering wheel. That scares me more than the shaving as I know their eyes aren't on the road at all.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I saw a chick giving her guy a BJ as they drove buy on the freeway. I was like whoa! I wanted to speed up but I had my date to prom with me and I wasn't sure how she would react so they left my life forever.:frowning:

I saw a guy rolling up a joint and twisting the ends as I was driving past. That was back when I smoked it so I gave the guy a :emoji_thumbsup:

I have never seen a person shaving like the one Michael described, that would be a crazy site to see.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I was behind a guy in heavy traffic who had a large computer print-out propped up on his steering wheel. As we moved ahead in fits and starts he would make notations on the print-out, look down at something on the passenger seat, make more notations an occassionally glance up at the traffic ahead. He barely missed rear-ending the car in front of him when the light up ahead turned red while he was jotting away.

Another time I was behind a woman who had a "realtor" sign in her back window and apparently an entire real estate office in the front two seats of her car. She had one of those plastic portable filing cabinents on the passenger seat, with the top open, a file on that document holder that some of us are foolish enough to think of as a steering wheel, and she was talking on her cell phone - all while we cruised down a six lane surface street (luckily in very light early afternoon traffic) at between 45 and 50 mph.

I've never seen a sex act in progress in another car, in all my years of driving. Maybe I drive in the wrong places. :)

Regards,

Joe

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
This isn't anything really new or shocking, but last night I was out with a couple of friends at the movies and we spotted a steamy car parked in the far corner of the parking lot. My buddy convinced the driver to make a loop back around and shine her highbeams on the lovebirds, which she did, much to their apparent shock and surprise.:D

Maybe we're assholes, but that's what you get for being lame enough to make out in the parking lot at the Avenue (the lame strip-mall-type place where the theater is).

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I once saw a guy shaving while driving and I mean really shaving -- complete with one of those cruel razors that hold a double-edged blade horizontally, face lathered up with soap, and a towel around his shoulders.
Imagine the barber in the back seat giving him a hair cut as well :laugh:

I saw a guy getting a BJ on the highway and he was swirving all over the road. Thank god the highway was empty. I was with my girlfriend and my brother and his girl...we drove up next to the car and when the guy looked at us, we all gave him the thumbs up :emoji_thumbsup: and drove off :D

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
My buddy convinced the driver to make a loop back around and shine her highbeams on the lovebirds, which she did, much to their apparent shock and surprise.
Last summer in Laughlin my friends were leaving the hotel to go somewhere(I was playing craps) and they saw two people making out in a car so they drove around and put their highbeams on the pair, and to their surprise, it was one of our friends with some woman he met earlier. They still make fun of the guy to this day.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I once saw this white haired/feeble older gentleman (probably between 60 and 70 years old) come out of a gas station/convience store with one of those HUGE beer cans. He got in his car, popped the top, and drove off drinking it. :eek:

It still makes me giggle when I think about it. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I've never seen people making out in cars on the road (car parks is another issue...).

One strange thing would be women putting on makeup in the mornings.

Personally I confess to tying a tie whilst at red lights.

Minor curiousity: why do smokers insist on hanging their arms out the window with the cigarette? If they enjoy the smoke so much, why not intensify the experience and roll the windows up to retain all the "goodness"? :rolleyes

raymond caputo

Stunt Coordinator
i've got a good one..i was in a pick up truck on the expressway when i spotted the girl in front of me figeting in her seat...i then spotted her reaching back for something in the rear seat...i pulled next to her, when to my surprise caught her peeing inside a diaper..

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Once passed a woman in her early 20s driving a HUGE SUV. As I pulled up along side her vehicle, I looked up to see...

...she was holding her cell phone to her ear with one hand while putting makeup on with the other. She must have been using her knees to steer - which is kind of scary at 65 miles an hour!

Made me laugh, but I quickly put some distance between her vehicle and mine.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Reading the newspaper. And I don't mean one folded up several times so it was small and managable. I'm talking two full pages open spread out across the steering wheel and the whole dash. I guess that would explain why he was going 55mph on I69 in Indiana as we went by.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Reading the newspaper. And I don't mean one folded up several times so it was small and managable. I'm talking two full pages open spread out across the steering wheel and the whole dash.
I've seen that too as well as just regular books. I've seen shaving, putting on makeup, and yes one occurrance of sex. I think its funny when people have their pets crawling all over them while their driving also, that can't be helpful.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I was driving home from work and saw this person driving a VW beetle. Not that bad, but when I looked over, he was pulling of the side of the road and vomit was spewing out of his mouth like a monty python skit. Poor guy and poor car.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
One time I had to bring work home with me and I needed a video compressed...since I knew the video would take about an hour and my 50 mile commute would also be an hour, I let my laptop compress the file as it sat on my passengers side seat.

I know it wasn't distracting me or causing me to loose focus with the road, but I thought it was funny that I was actually "working" while driving.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Years ago I was heading back home to Jackson, TN from Knoxville very late one night. It was about 2am and I came up behind a guy who was weaving from lane to lane, and slowing down, then speeding up with no pattern whatsoever. I thought to myself, "This guy is bad-off drunk. I better passs him first chance I get."
So, a short while later he veers into the emergency lane on the right, and I punch the gas and pass him on the left. As human nature would do, I turned my head to shoot him a dirty look as I zipped by. Then whipped my head back around as fast as I could when I realized he was getting his knob polished. Man was I aghast. It probably wouldn't have creeped me out so much had there been a passenger in his car. The rest of the way home, I stared straight ahead like Billy Bob Thornton in The Man Who Wasn't There.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks